Which oil?!?!

Hey guys, just had the message 'top up oil level' come up on the 200. Was just wondering which oil do you use?? What would you recommend?! Thanks!

The stuff Renault put in it from the factory

Elf Evolution SRX 5W 40

Oh, and please check your oil more regularly, don't leave it until the on board computer is telling you it is low! What would happen if the sensor failed? Also you need to investigate why it's lost/using oil. My car is on 62k and has barely used a drop in the last 6k.

Last edited:
The stuff Renault put in it from the factory

Elf Evolution SRX 5W 40

Oh, and please check your oil more regularly, don't leave it until the on board computer is telling you it is low! What would happen if the sensor failed? Also you need to investigate why it's lost/using oil. My car is on 62k and has barely used a drop in the last 6k.

Oil usage is normal on cars like these. Especially if you drive them hard.

Martin: You'll have a hard time getting elf, but you could just another top quality brand of oil as long as it's the same 5w/40.

Would just be easier to drive to a renault dealer and buy it though.

Oil usage is normal on cars like these. Especially if you drive them hard.

Martin: You'll have a hard time getting elf, but you could just another top quality brand of oil as long as it's the same 5w/40.

Would just be easier to drive to a renault dealer and buy it though.

I understand oil usage is normal, however i serviced my car when I bought it, i've done 6k since then and it's not dropped a significant amount.

If between services my car had used enough oil to get the on board computer to warn me it was low, I'd be worried personally.

The only car I've ever had that needed topping up between services was my old Punto GT when the valve stem seals had gone!

I understand oil usage is normal, however i serviced my car when I bought it, i've done 6k since then and it's not dropped a significant amount.

If between services my car had used enough oil to get the on board computer to warn me it was low, I'd be worried personally.

The only car I've ever had that needed topping up between services was my old Punto GT when the valve stem seals had gone!

I think it's because mine's coming upto towards it's service, but i'll check it out never the less just incase. Nearest renaul dealer is about an hour & a half away, so i might just get something as good.. Say something like, castrol? Millers? It does say on the computer that it's due for a service just over a 1,000 miles, but i'd rather top the oil up before the service just to be on the safe side! Cheers lads

Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40..been using 300V Power 5w40 on some previous cars but it is almost 2X in price while i doubt the benefit for daily driving + quick spin during the weekend.

The Supersyn is still a pretty good oil, even though it's cheap. It's not what I'd recommend for a car that sees a lot of track time, but for normal road use and some track time, it's fine.

Cheers

Tim

The Supersyn is still a pretty good oil, even though it's cheap. It's not what I'd recommend for a car that sees a lot of track time, but for normal road use and some track time, it's fine.

Cheers

Tim

thats what i was thinking and also for those that like the 6000m/6month oil change

Millers nano drive is meant to be the **** ATM :smile: not used it my self yet but I'll be trying it very soon

Millers nano drive is meant to be the **** ATM :smile: not used it my self yet but I'll be trying it very soon

Definitely looking that way, everyone seems to be loving it. They reckon their car is more responsive and smoother. All the dyno tested ones are showing a power increase as well.

Cheers

Tim