Which HID kit?

So if I have reflectors,I may have problems with blinding people if I fit a hid kit?

May? No. Will? Yes

They do what they say on the tin, reflectors reflect, projectors project. You shine a bright torch into a mirror unto your eyes you will see what reflectors do.

My bro in law has it in his FN2... Horrible having him drive behind me even...

You can only imagine how bad it is for oncoming traffic... Trust me, get a set of Phillips or the equivalent... But please not HID. I had them in my fog-lights, and when I started hearing people curse me at night, I soon realised why. They are perfectly fine in projectors though. So if you're set on having an HID kit, then get projectors 1st.

Peace

I had a 6k hid kit on before, never had anyone complain. My new kit is 5k though as 6k was a tad too blue-ish. No need to take your bumper off to fit either. Will get some pics up at the weekend.

No, not in projectors. Crisp white with a TINY tint of blue. No one has flashed me or had any problems with them yet. Had 6k on previous car and a few people used to flash me. Didn't need to take the bumper off to fit them either. A bit fiddly but didn't take too long.

Ive got 6k on my cup non projectors and they dont really glare tht much wen i went for a mot last year(friends garage) he adjusted the headlights and sed it was strange because there was a actual beam pattern

Then I agree with your friends Joe, it is "strange". Normal would be death to everyone's eyesight... Just my own personal opinion.. use it, don't..

11041341_10152606759572610_1910219604_n.jpg

11068806_10152606759862610_1300853021_n.jpg

As said above, not causing any problems for other drivers. Haven't had a single person flash me. Can see the beam pattern. Also no need to take the bumper off to fit.

Point taken man. No worries. Just in my opinion it's inconsiderate for other drivers when the oncoming car has very bright lights. I do wear specs at night for driving coz, so maybe it's just that. But I also think a night pic of HID projectors vs HID reflectors would paint a better picture. The projectors channel the light into a concentrated beam, whereas I just don't see how reflectors could do the same... But if you feel it's acceptable toward other drivers, then by all means go for it. Just wanted to put my opinion out there. I haven't seen a 200 with HID + reflectors in the metal yet, so I can't comment... But I've seen plenty of other cars (Honda, Nissan, Megane 2's, Toyota) with reflectors and HID... And it's blinding... So the decision is yours at the end of the day. I got projectors so that I can use HID's, just to err on the side of caution. Once again, just my opinion.

Peace

Look at his Profile picture. It has the black inserts. Those are projectors. Referring to stubonez

Look at his Profile picture. It has the black inserts. Those are projectors. Referring to stubonez

No, not in projectors. Crisp white with a TINY tint of blue. No one has flashed me or had any problems with them yet. Had 6k on previous car and a few people used to flash me. Didn't need to take the bumper off to fit them either. A bit fiddly but didn't take too long.

http://s524.photobucket.com/user/stubonez/media/IMG_2383.jpg.html

No there not lol.

I had HIDs in an old car of mine which had reflector headlights. If you use the 'R' version bulbs, IE H7R, they are designed for reflector headlights. They put a small cover over the top of the bulb lens to stop the glare.