200: Which front end?

Hi all, as some of you may have seen from my introduction post I've just recently bought myself an accident damaged Clio 200 on a 10 plate. Was wondering what your thoughts were on the different front ends of the 197 and 200 as I'm seriously considering putting a 197 front on my car as I personally think its nicer looking. I'm not looking to sell the car on, I'm doing it for me but just wanted your opinions on whether you think it's a good idea or not. Many thanks, Gaz

197 all the way Gaz, such a nicer looking front IMO a lot of other people on here prefer it too. Should have done a poll :smiley:

No matter what you think now I'm sure you'll want to sell the car on at some point. Therefore I'd say 200 front end

Actually it pains me say this but the 200's front end does look much more modern than the 197 but at the end of the day its up to you.

The onyl thing I would say is the front of the 200 looks unbalanced to the back end, where as the 197 looked more in proportion. But the 200 grows, better as I own one!

If you have eyes that see things, then the 197 front end is what you want. :wink:

I don't mind the 200 to be honest, I just prefer the 197 as I think it's more aggressive. :smile:

200 all the way. Much more dishtinquiable from the standard clio, from 300 yards you know its a renaultsport which can't be said for the 197.

No matter what you think now I'm sure you'll want to sell the car on at some point. Therefore I'd say 200 front end

Ben speaks sense.

Even if the 197 is the better looking, its the reason I didn't bother buying new and picked up a second hand 197 and pocketed the change tbh :smile:

Thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated. Might stick with the 200 front then to be honest and try and make it a bit "different". Wonder what the black top piece might look like if it was colour coded? Hmmmm

Hi all, as some of you may have seen from my introduction post I've just recently bought myself an accident damaged Clio 200 on a 10 plate. Was wondering what your thoughts were on the different front ends of the 197 and 200 as I'm seriously considering putting a 197 front on my car as I personally think its nicer looking. I'm not looking to sell the car on, I'm doing it for me but just wanted your opinions on whether you think it's a good idea or not. Many thanks, Gaz

Good man, :thumbup: 197 FTW.