Which Cams for my 197

Riaazc

Platinum Member
Hi,
I have read numerous threads here on the subject.
Don't wanna hijack another thread so here goes.

I am based in South Africa and will be having work done with local branch of RSTuning.

I am going with catcams and i am looking for advice on which profile to opt for.

Background,
1. This is not my daily drive and in the long term want to use mainly for trackdays but would like it to be useable on street as well.
2. Car is just over 4 years old with approx 40k Miles.
3. I'm not planning to change any of the internals at this time.
4. I definitely don't want to go for mildest upgrade option.
5. My knowledge on the subject is limited to what i have read, please explain it to me as simply as possible ("I just wanna go fast" :tongueout:)

So which one should i get?

Thanks.

Well you dont really have much choice I'm afraid. It's gonna be the 402s, the mildest upgrade option.

403s are race spec but the inlet doesn't allow enough piston clearance without changing internals. They also require VVT delete to prevent premature dephaser failure so road performance is restricted with a much shorter/higher powerband.

Shricks?

If i have to upgrade internals it just means me waiting a little longer to upgrade :worried:
I'll look into Shricks as well. Its just there's a discount on offer with the local tuner for Catcams,
and will save me the hassle of importing myself.

No local Shrick distributor or none that i can find.

Last edited:
I didn't before but i am now , can you work out a price posted please.
and guestimate how long it will take from order to dispatch.
Thanks

Bazinga! :smile:

Do you have the 402 catcams on your car mate?

Haha

I'm currently looking at Cams for ours, belts due for a change in Novemeber so it seems the ideal time. I dont want anything too aggressive, our 182 has 428's in and they're great.