Which air filter...?

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
Hi everyone

Looking into the panel filters for my 200, there's so much choice out there it's hard to decide.

What are you all using? I know I'm not going near ktec's.

ITG, BMC, K&n, pipercross?

Anyone shed some light please :smile:

Gez

Cheers for the quick replys :smile:

Where's the best site to buy either from?

i changed from itg to pipercross only difference is the price, and the piercross was a thinner filter

Just out of interest and without rocking any boats,,,, wassup with the ktec offering?

ITG panel here. In it when I bought it so can't really compare. Does the trick. May take the trumpet and hose off as I've heard theres a slight.....induction noise increase. Just gotta dig out the how to :smiley:

Just out of interest and without rocking any boats,,,, wassup with the ktec offering?

ITG panel here. In it when I bought it so can't really compare. Does the trick. May take the trumpet and hose off as I've heard theres a slight.....induction noise increase. Just gotta dig out the how to :smiley:

A few of the Twingo boys have experience with the K-Tec filter breaking up.

I have an ITG in our 200. Though looking at a Pipercross next me thinks.

@ Ryan. Where did you get your Pipercross filter?

There's also meant to be a 20bhp loss associated with doing this...

Rip the acoustic valve off. No power loss and sounds gruntier down low. Might just be the noise and placebo affect but I reckon it feels a tad stronger at low revs too.

Leave the airbox lid on.

I've got an ITG. To be honest...probably a waste of money unless you're keeping your car for years and are goin to save on replacement costs. Hey, at least you get a sticker for the top of your air filter box. I really can't say I noticed any difference.

I've used K&N for more years than I wish to remember and would not use anything else. TBH it's all personal choice when you go for a decent brand.