WHich Air Filter Panel

....I know there is loads of discussion on here about filter panels. The time has come for me to replace my paper filter with something better...so which is the best?...have looked at ITG and K&N (not induction kit) and these are comparible in price terms....are there any others available? Any advice/opinions on which one to choose?

Most people will say ITG dude. I've got one and it's great, buy it from Camskill though works out about £43 delivered.

I've had both, for reasons I'm not sure, and they both made no performance gains. However the K&N was considerably easier to clean and seemed to clog up with much less crap over time.

Agree with danny cleaned my itg the other day, way too much oil needed on them green or bmc get my vote, foam filters have never impressed me

i went with the bmc filter from eurocarparts (they do a performance part now) £40 delivered.

No issues, actually seems a little quieter at the top end compared to the paper but more tuned if that makes sense.

I had an ITG on my Clio and although I didn't see much improvement I think it gave a slightly better noise. Just bought a K&N for my MPS and it seems to be good quality, but I haven't fitted it yet. I agree that the ITG is heavily oiled, but it seemed to trap a lot of stuff in it, which is obviously better than being in the engine!

I think mine sounded slightly better. But it was only slightly. Never needs hanging though, so if you plan on keeping the car a long time it may well be worth investing.

...well I put a K&N in my Trophy and an ITG in my 197....in both cases I got a better MPG, most notably with the K&N which is a cotton filter...I've no doubt that you get better performance from the engine than a paper filter, certainly revs more freely. Seems to be a lot of choice now which is why I asked the question......they are probably all pretty much the same, but I am thinking that I will go away from a foam filter and use a cotton one....what is the BMC made from? I have a eurocarparts outlet nearby so could pick one up.....

...well I put a K&N in my Trophy and an ITG in my 197....in both cases I got a better MPG, most notably with the K&N which is a cotton filter...I've no doubt that you get better performance from the engine than a paper filter, certainly revs more freely. Seems to be a lot of choice now which is why I asked the question......they are probably all pretty much the same, but I am thinking that I will go away from a foam filter and use a cotton one....what is the BMC made from? I have a eurocarparts outlet nearby so could pick one up.....

I put an ITG in our 200 and it made hee haw different to performance or noise. Placebo effect springs to mind.