Where to buy spacers

Id put money on your standard bolts having 5mm spare to throw those spacers on

IIRC either the front or the back ones (can't remember which) didn't go all the way through the hub with standard bolts and wheels, so you might be pushing it to then add another 5mm spacer on to that.

IIRC either the front or the back ones (can't remember which) didn't go all the way through the hub with standard bolts and wheels, so you might be pushing it to then add another 5mm spacer on to that.

would that be on a 7.5j wheel Rob?as chris is 7j just thought he might have a bit to play with.

Arghh I was happy until I read that last post Rob :smiley:

Sorry man, I'm not saying they'll definitely not fit. I'm just saying that don't take our guesses as facts. I would get the spacers then test fit them with standard bolts and check and double check the bolts are long enough. I was just pointing it out so you don't presume they're fine and something bad happens :hug1:

would that be on a 7.5j wheel Rob?as chris is 7j just thought he might have a bit to play with.

I wouldn't have thought the width of the wheel would make a difference to the length of the bolt. As that's just the width of the outer wheel itself (where the tyre goes on) not the distance between the outside 'face' of the bolt hole and the back of the wheel that attaches to your hub/spacer.

If that makes sense?

I wouldn't have thought the width of the wheel would make a difference to the length of the bolt. As that's just the width of the outer wheel itself (where the tyre goes on) not the distance between the outside 'face' of the bolt hole and the back of the wheel that attaches to your hub/spacer.

If that makes sense?[/QUOTE]

yeah got mate makes sense:smile:

Right ok Henderson I shall get the Demon Tweeks ones. Next question, I have no idea what size the standard bolts are, Id assume I just need 5mm longer. I would have a look under the car but I dont have a jack

you won't need a jack mate,just squeeze yourself under the diffuser,you need to have a look though bud as you might not need new bolts,if you do then larkspeed are good for stuff like that,this is the correct size but you may need to alter the length depending on what spacers you go for

don't forget you'll need longer locking wheel bolts as well

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=361SB5412&a=i

you won't need a jack mate,just squeeze yourself under the diffuser,you need to have a look though bud as you might not need new bolts,if you do then larkspeed are good for stuff like that,this is the correct size but you may need to alter the length depending on what spacers you go for

don't forget you'll need longer locking wheel bolts as well

http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=361SB5412&a=i

So, why is this http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/wheel-spacers/grayston-universal-wheel-spacer type of spacer so much cheaper? Because it's universal? With a 5 hole pattern and 20mm thickness they sell for £14.89.....

Are these worth buying as a cheap alternative?

Because it doesnt have a spigot that locates in the back of the wheel. So your wheel has nothing taking the weight bar the bolts nor anything centralising the wheel perfectly.

Not quite. Those you linked to arent hubcentric. You can get away with small ones on the front because the spigot on the hub is big enough to poke through so the wheel locates on this and is still central to the hub.

The more expensive ones then come in two types. Hubcentric bolt through and hubcentric bolt to hub. These essentially pick up on the existing spigot and then extends it out do the wheel is still centralised. The bolt through require longer bolts and the bolt to hubs bolt to the hub and then the wheels to them.

Nice find on the DW vid Marshall.. I'm gonna add that to the Spacers Info thread :smile:

Heres a pic of my H&R 'bolt through' spacers. You can see the extended spigot on them.

eveveve4.jpg

Anyone else think its weird having added clearance between wheel and caliper?

So used to there being minimal gap, when i fitted my 20mms it was just weird!

Haha sorry. Guna have to paint the spacer edge black so its less noticeable. Just need to get Renault to make me happy with the car so i can fit them permanently