when is enough, enough?

long story short after this year im thinking of packing college in. after 8 years i am fed up of working 11 hour days 5 days a week and doing 20 hours of home work weekly.

im already an advanced craftsman and im studying my ONC diploma in building services which im due to pass this summer.

im getting older though so saving for a house deposit (again) isnt economically viable while studying and housework, work and homework give me zero time to my self and hardly any with my MRS.

so do you guys think its worth staying on to do my HNC, which costs me £500 a month to do but will possibly benefit me long term?

or

do i pack it in at the end of this year and be £500 a month better off, still have loads of qualifications and get my weekends back?

whats your thoughts peeps?

sorry mate but only you can make that decission
its your life:thumbsup:

thanks roy, im really stuck on deciding and sometimes a 3rd persons perspective helps.
but what ever you decide will be right for you
because you know what you want out of life no bugger else does

but what ever you decide will be right for you
because you know what you want out of life no bugger else does

ye, lots of money lol!

your right but thinking long term ill be pushing 30 by the time i will have finished training, i started at 16.

its a bloody long time, im thinking "when is enough" so to speak?

i could finish the HNC / HND, quit full time work and go to uni to do my foundation and masters degree but by the time i finish that ill be in my mid 30s which is bonkers!

If you're HNC isn't going to make you more than £500 per month better off when you finish it then what's the point? It's upto you really though, but there's more important things in life than money. If you're not happy with your current setup then change something about it.

ye, lots of money lol!

your right but thinking long term ill be pushing 30 by the time i will have finished training, i started at 16.

its a bloody long time, im thinking "when is enough" so to speak?

i could finish the HNC / HND, quit full time work and go to uni to do my foundation and masters degree but by the time i finish that ill be in my mid 30s which is bonkers!
look at lawyers, docs,ect,they study for yrs
but they now earn megga buckes
SO COULD YOU with them bits of paper you get when qualifyed:thumbsup:

Wont your employer pay for your training ?

they paid for the first 5 years mate, what im doing now in doing off my own back and paying £1200 a year course fees and losing £500 a month in wages from not being on site every tuesday.

If you're HNC isn't going to make you more than £500 per month better off when you finish it then what's the point? It's upto you really though, but there's more important things in life than money. If you're not happy with your current setup then change something about it.

its a £15,000 PA rise if the job is there for me when i finish. it all depends on if my company has expanded enough to require another operations manager.

So, it's costing you about £7k this year alone?

Sounds reasonable for a £15k rise!!! :wink:

It's a tough one. I suppose the risk for you is if the company doesn't expand. But, for that much of a rise I'd take the risk.

look at lawyers, docs,ect,they study for yrs
but they now earn megga buckes
SO COULD YOU with them bits of paper you get when qualifyed:thumbsup:

i think i have been training for aslong as it takes to become a doctor lol

i have till summer to make my mind up but im going more and more off the idea

Like eveything in life you get out of it what you put into it and if I had the oppertunity I would continue to train.

I wanted to go on to do a Masters but couldn't find the £15k I needed.

It sounds like you're really unsure!!!

£15k is more than some people earn in a year, that's a massive payrise. But, if you're getting fed up with it now, by the time you've finished all your quals is your heart still going to be in it!?! If it's something you can take to any other company and be financially rewarded then I think it's worth sticking at it, just incase where you are now doesn't actually expand.

i think i have been training for aslong as it takes to become a doctor lol

i have till summer to make my mind up but im going more and more off the idea
think youve answered your own question mate:thumbsup: