When is a Trophy not a Trophy?

I know most of us like to add our personal touch to our cars....when I had a Trophy I put some Recaro Stickers on the seat bases, but that one about it....I am pretty anal when it comes to preserving a limited edition for what it is supposed to be....so, is this car still a Trophy?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2199512.htm

I think not....when you've removed the elements that made it a trophy in the first place like the suspension it is now just a modded 182 with a flash paint job...I know the breaks were crap on them and needed to be up graded and the Sachs Suspension is expensive but I just couldn't bring myself to modify this far.....I am hurting inside!!

I know exactly what you mean.

Personally i like most of what has been done to the car in the link but like you say its had what made it what it was taken away from it. If its not using the original Sachs suspension then in my opinion its not half the trophy it was with it.

Should of just bought a normal 182 and spent the same money on that. Would have probably saved money in doing so as wouldnt have paid out for the trophy premium in the first place.

That said, the colour is gorgeous.

Ruined.

He should have just bought a 182 and modded that, not wrecking a classic. I get that some of the parts hes put on are better than original but IMO he's wrecked a future classic. I mean look at that steering wheel!

It's a crying shame they should have to do this to a classic
Wouldn't touch it

i have to agree, keeping it oem is what makes it special.

not as bad as i was expecting, was expecting flip paint and spinners

its lost its "originality" or what would make it a classic by junking some of the components...

What a retard, who buys a car and immediately chucks away the defining feature of it for something "better".

Hopefully he kept the Sachs dampers or it will be worth exactly the same as any other modified 182 (not as much as they hope).

All I'd do is keep it in perfect condition and maybe some High spec pads and disks if the brakes aren't up to scratch!

...so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way....I sorted the poor breaks with some new sticky pads....which did squeel a lot....

I think there greats mods to the car. And its still known as a trophy wherever it goes lol! Id buy it...but this add looks very familiar to 1 i saw when i was looking for my clio...about 6 months ago!!

^^^^That's because he/she has taken away the element that really makes it a Trophy. The brake kit is great, I'd have done that to mine if I still had it

erm so he put worse suspension on it, you just cant do that its not worth anything if you faff like that with it. why didnt he just have a 182

Why would you want to change anything dont understand why on a car that is already got everthing

Someone, somewhere is probably saying the same about LY R27s. Personally, I agree with you guys, you shouldn't mod a special car, they should be kept mint OE.