Wheel spacer advice please.

Having recently fitted spacers myself, i fitted Pure-motorsports 10mm rear hub spacers then a 5mm Wheel spacer. Total cost of rears was around £50 and takes a lot of weight strain from the hub/bearing. For the front I fitted h&r 16mm along with a Wheel stud conversion also from pure motorsport. The handling has not been affected in my opinion. A slight decrease in turn in which i actually Like as I personally found the 197 a bit too "pointy" for my liking. Hope This helps

I've got 20mm sparco spacers, unless you're the reincarnation of colin mcrae you wouldn't notice a difference to the handling.

my car has h&r lowering springs and still no rubbing issue until the front wheel arch liner became detached When a grass verge tried to pull it off (not related to the spacers)

20mm on std alloys is the most common fitment and fill the arches nicely. 25mm will sit very flush with the arch ànd does throw up a lot of stones.

You only usually experience rubbing at the front if you are using 25's lowered and running on 225's.

Probably best to fit them all round. Interestingly the old cup racers used to run with a 5mm spacer up front only

Its a lotus (lots of trouble usually serious) but still thats what made lotus into the legendary constructor it became.

I once read an interview with colin Chapman asking him why lotus doesn't make more durable f1 cars and his reply was if it's not knackered after the race then it's been carrying dead weight through out the race. Every thing should break just as you finish. That was pretty much what he said and then he said "anyone can build a bridge that won't fall down,it takes a great engineer to build a bridge that just won't fall down"
If you want sad facts on lotus I'm your man (it's a small, ish obsession)

anyway..nice to hear from you..hope you are well...

OK mate. Been a mad few month but getting there. Had a drive in my old Clio the other night so had to come on and take a look at what's been happening. Hope all is good with you.

Its a lotus (lots of trouble usually serious) but still thats what made lotus into the legendary constructor it became.

I once read an interview with colin Chapman asking him why lotus doesn't make more durable f1 cars and his reply was if it's not knackered after the race then it's been carrying dead weight through out the race. Every thing should break just as you finish. That was pretty much what he said and then he said "anyone can build a bridge that won't fall down,it takes a great engineer to build a bridge that just won't fall down"
If you want sad facts on lotus I'm your man (it's a small, ish obsession)

That's Colin Chapman for you. Legend

Lucilky I've not had any issues with it. The only thing breaking is my knees from getting out of it. Lol

Thought you were on about changing it at some point Angel?

not really had the time Chris with other stuff going on. I'm sure the time to change will come but for now it's staying. The few times I've driven it b in the last few months have been really enjoyable

OK mate. Been a mad few month but getting there. Had a drive in my old Clio the other night so had to come on and take a look at what's been happening. Hope all is good with you.
im good.thanks..just setting off for the Dales run with other members..hope we have a great day..stay in touch mate and enjoy the summer

20mm on std alloys is the most common fitment and fill the arches nicely. 25mm will sit very flush with the arch ànd does throw up a lot of stones.

You only usually experience rubbing at the front if you are using 25's lowered and running on 225's.

Probably best to fit them all round. Interestingly the old cup racers used to run with a 5mm spacer up front only

The old cup racers ? Are you referring to the Clio 3 cup racers ?

Similar Thread Suggestions