Wheel Arch Rubbing

petercronin

Paid Member
Hi, just wondering if anybody has had any issues with the front wheels rubbing? I owned a un-modded ff200 with cup chassis which I had no issues with but my new car an ff200 with cup chassis and h&r springs rubbed quite badly the other day.

I was going round a tight left turn (fairly quickly) which also dips down quite steeply and the front right wheel rubbed and pushed the wheel arch liner out of place, I'm yet to take the wheel off and check the full extent of the damage.

A possible cause I can think is that along with the lower springs the car is fitted with 225/45r17 tyres, has anybody ran this specific combo?

Thanks.

Are the arch liners fastened properly? When my front splitter got damaged the arch liners became loose and rubbed on the front wheels.

I had to turn around on a single track road and the verge pulled most of the splitter off. The plastic tray and arch liners theb became loose because they share some of the screws with the splitter.

Think I've sorted it! After a battle to get the locking wheel bolt off (huge thanks to Trevor at DTM Cars in Newcastle) it looks like front undertray and bumper were slightly loose allowing the arch to move.

Time will tell if it's worked.

Glad to hear you have fixed it. I have H&R springs fitted and have not experienced any rubbing even when hammering it round Spa.