What's the going rate for braided hoses up rated fluid supplied & fitted

lol, £25+ mark up per litre! That's just legalised theft in my eyes! How on earth did you agree to pay £82 for something that would cost you £29 from somewhere else, then the high labour costs too....

It should have been a £150 - £175 job at the most. £70 for the lines, £30 for the fluid and then £50-£75 for labour.

Also, did they sell it to you as dot5 fluid?

Easy answer. Buy the stuff yourself and get them to fit. At least you will save some money if you are happy with their service and are local.

Lee

Well just an update cancelled with AMD bought the hoses off them £70 got my ATE RACE fluid from euro car parts £29 been to see a garage near my work recons 1 hour labour £40 vat included . They've never done them before so just gotta decide weather to pull the trigger and let them do it also if I want my gearbox and oil changed they said prob another £30. So that's 3 jobs for £70 where AMD wanted £138 labour for just doing the lines .

Brake hoses are break hoses. They should be able to change the hoses no problem, theres nothing special other than 2 bleed nipples on the front calipers.

Lets hope they can actually bleed your brakes...unlike mine lol

Told you AMD were mugging you off mate. Glad you seen sense.

It is handy having a forum like this thanks for the advice guys I did try to get booked in with Twotechs but they only had the Sat after How Fast avail , I would rather use them but wanted them done for How Fast.

Last edited: