What's the going rate for braided hoses up rated fluid supplied & fitted

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
What's the usual rate for hoses and uprated fluid supplied fitted been quoted £238 AMD . Thought I'd get a general consensus on these as a lot of you have them fitted ,is it a crap job justifying the price?

Last edited:
That sounds massively expensive! I'd have thought it's an hours labour for someone with a proper lift.

£25 for fluid. ~£50 lines and say £50 for doing the job.

It's not a big/difficult job though by any means

Cool I'll be ringing AMD tomorrow to see if they'll let me cancel my Sat appointment and see if I can find someone else to do it just wanted them done before 1 June plus I can only leave car on a Sat as daily driver.

£25 for fluid. ~£50 lines and say £50 for doing the job.

It's not a big/difficult job though by any means

You'll be doing well though to get 2 litres of dot4 or dot5 fluid for £25, and HEL lines are £70

Last edited:
I generally find AMD very competitive on labour costs so am a bit surprised. You're not getting some silly expensive fluid are you?

You'll be doing well though to get 2 litres of dot4 or dot5 fluid for £25, and HEL lines are £60

Only need 1 litre :smile:

You'll be doing well though to get 2 litres of dot4 or dot5 fluid for £25, and HEL lines are £70

2l ATE super blue is c.£25 (with discount) from ECP. Goodridge lines were around £50 off of eBay when I bought mine a few months ago.

ATE superblue is ~£10/ltr from eurocarparts right now. Goodridge lines are ~£56

Edit: my bad, ECP have put their prices up again. If the clio only takes a litre then I may have a spare bottle after I'm done changing mine. Would only charge what it cost me +postage if anyone wants it.

Last edited:
When I changed mine with ATE super blue I didn't even get through the 1 litre tin. And I know it was properly flushed because the fluid is a different colour so it's easy to tell

Well, I used less than 1 tin and I think the tin is 1 litre. At least I hope its 1 litre as I've just ordered 1 litre of motul RBF600 for the next fluid change!

£80 for fluid? What fluid is it? Also £72 per hour sounds expensive, that's main dealer territory!

Was £82.80 for 2 litres of ATE Superblue race fluid DOT5. Yeah is on the slight high side but that doesn't surprise me from AMD, i don't mind paying slightly high rate as with a company like that you get an aftersales service in case something is wrong and i kinda like that peace of mind.
They do get some stick on here but they're not too bad, ive been happy with what theyve done to mine. A reason for me using them is that it convenient lol

Pretty sure ATE super blue is DOT 4, and is only about £15 a litre. Sounds like they're mugging you off mate.