What would you spend £100 on???

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
For MikeDX, £100 of lucky dips on the Euromillions tonight....:tomato:

What will the return be on that lot?! Raffle prize at least :wink:

I believe he won £7.80...... Massive fail...

I pointed out to him that the odds are over 100m to 1 so statistically hes got no more chance than someone who's bought 1 ticket... Ooo yes and that he's more chance of being raped by his nan wearing a bananaman suit.....

I then noticed his nan is on Facebook...

Last edited:
I had a go, ok I failed but I had a go :smile:

£7.80 was based on last weeks payout table. Could be a lot more :wink:

Likely to be less due to the sheer number of people who bought tickets (en masse :wink:) tonight = lower low prize payouts.

Still, there's still the raffle....

Imagine a 70 mile long piece of string. Then imagine it travelling past you from start to finish for an hour, and you have to correctly cut it in the predetermined 'winning centimeter', except you don't know which it is.

You have the same odds as winning the Euromillions.

Imagine a 70 mile long piece of string. Then imagine it travelling past you from start to finish for an hour, and you have to correctly cut it in the predetermined 'winning centimeter', except you don't know which it is.

You have the same odds as winning the Euromillions.

Please tell me that's true!?

The odds of winning the Euromillions jackpot are 1 in 116,531,800.

To put that in perspective, someone living in the UK

• Has a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of being killed by lightning.
• Has a 1 in 3,000,000 chance of dying from food poisoning.
• Has a 1 in 2,000,000 chance of dying by falling out of bed.

Such miserable statistics might make it look as if you have more chance of dying in a grisly fashion than winning the lottery, but in actual fact this observation is deceiving, because the published odds of winning Euromillions (1 in 116,531,800) relate to your chances of winning one particular draw.

However, grisly death odds don’t relate to any particular day. For example, someone in the UK has a 1 in 10,000,000 chance of being killed by a lightning strike. But that is over the course of an entire year. With 365 days in a year, the odds of anyone being struck by lightning on one particular day are actually 1 in 3,650,000,000.

The same principle applies to food poisoning and falling out of bed. The odds of you dying from food poisoning on one particular day are 1 in 1,095,000,000. And the odds of you dying after falling out of bed on one particular day are 1 in 730,000,000!

When you compare Euromillions odds with these specific odds for various grisly deaths, you can see that you’re actually far more likely to win a lottery jackpot this Tuesday or Friday than you are to meet your maker in any spectacular fashion on that particular day.

Its just the rest of the days you need to worry about..

Last edited:
There is definitely a market for bed-belts. Advertise in 'TV Choice' or whatever magazine old people read. Use some sensationalist stats and have a sob story about someone's grandma who died whilst her grand daughter was expecting a child and she never got to see the baby etc. Only £20 this month! Money back if you die from falling out of bed etc.

If anyone has the necessary start up capital I'm willing to enter into a partnership.

There is definitely a market for bed-belts. Advertise in 'TV Choice' or whatever magazine old people read. Use some sensationalist stats and have a sob story about someone's grandma who died whilst her grand daughter was expecting a child and she never got to see the baby etc. Only £20 this month! Money back if you die from falling out of bed etc.

If anyone has the necessary start up capital I'm willing to enter into a partnership.

theres a plan :lol:

But people DO win it...which is why we get suckered in.

They do. I delivered to one who won £53m only today. I know someone who was one of the lucky 100 who won a raffle prize on the Euro's on the night of the opening ceremony very well indeed too :wink:

1 winner last night bagged themselves a tidy £136,124,363.00 and they live outside the UK so it won't even benefit the British economy lol