What lowering springs.

I have a 2009 clio 200 cup, what top mounts would it have and does that matter what lowering springs I get?
Any help will be great.
Thanks

well i've got them on now and they're great. No real improvement in handling but the idea was to just lower the car and not effect the handling. Little bit stiffer but nothing mental so i'm pleased i didn't go for the H&R's. Next up are spacers and full gepmetry set up

The H&Rs aren't as harsh as people make out! I have them and a lot of people found them a bit less harsh in the back of the car, probably due to being progressive springs on the both rear and front. (There is no end of complaining with the exhaust and stiff suspension combination :wink: ) But as for the geometry setup, there is really little they can do with the clios as the rear is fixed and the front hasn't got many adjustable parts other than castor and toe unless you get yourself a set of adjustable top mounts! Went to get a hunter full fast road alignment done and all they adjusted was the toe on the passenger side :s

The H&Rs aren't as harsh as people make out! I have them and a lot of people found them a bit less harsh in the back of the car, probably due to being progressive springs on the both rear and front. (There is no end of complaining with the exhaust and stiff suspension combination :wink: ) But as for the geometry setup, there is really little they can do with the clios as the rear is fixed and the front hasn't got many adjustable parts other than castor and toe unless you get yourself a set of adjustable top mounts! Went to get a hunter full fast road alignment done and all they adjusted was the toe on the passenger side :s

The lack of adjustment is the Clio's downfall as you point out.

You can get camber adjustable powerflex bushes which give 1.5° of negative camber which is regarded widely as the optimal camber adjustment on the Clio. A much cheaper alternative to getting adjustment then buying adjustable top mount coilovers.

Powerflex also do a anti lift with castor adjustable bush too

Ah right I didn't know there was so little adjustment. The geometry set up is mainly to check everything after being lowered and spaced. Yeh always gone for eibach in the past and been really happy with the ride quality and just heard more positives about the eibachs over H&R. Thanks for the info guys

I had eibachs, and changed for H&R's... on eibachs its pretty much standard height, and handling is so much better with H&r's. Eibachs got much better comfort if thats what you looking for

I wouldn't go for lowering springs but if I had to I'd go for eibachs for the reasons fernandez mentioned plus the fact that the drop is subtle therefore more suspension travel available:wink:

I found that the Eibachs dropped the car nicely- def not the same as standard. yeh i didn't want it to be a nightmare over the bumps, been there with other cars. good compromise between comfort and drop. Coilovers would have been nice but they are out of my price range at 165 vs at least 950 for a half decent set.

I've always had cars with coilovers, 172, cooper s, 3 series etc. But went for H&R springs on my 197, as didn't want to spend silly money. And I've been very pleased with them, handling is good & ride isn't to bad either