what light is above the eml light

optimal shift light. Means your giving it the beans and its time you though about maybe, if you can be bothered to, changing gear, like now ... before you hit the limiter :eek:

...makes me laugh that light.....why would you be looking at the dash if you are driving in such a manner? I have tried and find it real difficult to take my eys off the road if I'm giving it the beans. The beep on the 200 is useful though....would be much better if it was on the dash board itself in a green light to red light F1 style!

You don't need to be staring straight at the dash to see it, you can see it in your periphery.

It still works work better if you know the sound of the engine and change by using your ear.

It's a useless light, you change gear on the redline, as it come down from the initial limiter bounce lol.

I always see mine and have never payed attention to it, eyes on the needle :tongueout:

and for those who say they don't use their tachometer for gear changes obviously haven't been on a drag strip before :wink:

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if everyone is bouncing off their limiter on a drag strip, different cars have a different optimum point to shift surely.

And for a highly tuned n/a that'll be at the redline. F4rs start to drop off power after 7800 I know this as my 182 has it's limiter at 8000rpm lol and the dyno doesn't lie.

And hitting the limiter for just a split second on the strip will ruin your entire run :tongueout:

Similar Thread Suggestions