What exhaust recommend to me with my mods?

Hi all!

I have my clio with airbox v6,k&n panel filter,toyosport manifold, and remap. Engine stock.

I had Rc racing Exhaust Gr.N but i sold it.

Now i want a new complete exhaust but i dont know that fit in my car, What exhaust do you recommend to me fit in my car??

Akra and SuperSprint are very expensive :worried: Other good exhaust that gain with it?

THAAAANKS :smiley:

Go for the Akra, you won't be disappointed.

I had the KTec Catback system fitted to me car with Decat and the drone after a while was annoying me. Changed to the Akra a few weeks back and it's a completely different car now...should have gone with the Akra from the start!

If you hang fire, I've ordered the Supersprint race so can let you know how that sounds soon :smile:

*addtional... I've just read the button of your posted :worried: You never know, it my change your mind once you've seen/heard it.

Scorpion is a good sound for good money, but with the akra, you get what you pay for! Bare in mind with the akra you will have a full decat.

The Akrapovic is a very good system and at the upper end of the scale due to materials and workmanship. The system is designed for the 200 but will easily fit onto a 197 but you may need to use some tailpipes. If this is the case you can always sell the carbon 200 tips on.

The Supersprint is just as good in terms of quality, workmanship and performance as the Akrapovic and not always as expensive as one might seem. We do sell these systems at a discounted rate and can also provide members with a further discount on these systems.

The Scorpion is also a very good exhaust, very well built and the same performance wise as the others but a lot cheaper. For the 197 these come with a choice of tips, either a slash cut or rolled pipe.

The only other exhausts are the Ktec and Miltek. I had a Miltek on my Clio and loved I the noise but had massive issues with the fitment in that it kept rattling and that was fitted by Miltek themselves.

http://www.cazanracing.co.uk/exhausts---complete-systems-decats-sports-cats-and-sports-silencers-6906-c.asp

Last edited:
I've got a resonated scorpion. Fitting a decat over the weekend, and I'll see if I can get a decent vid.

Aros system wont fit, unless you weld a link pipe. This is because it's designed to fit their R3 manifold which is longer than the standard one.

I wouldn't fit the Akra either as you already have a Toyosport. It would result in you having no cat's and in the UK at least, that would be illegal.

Fit any system that offers a sports cat basically is the way to go. So Supersprint, Scorpion, Piper and Miltek. I think they all do sports cats and full systems with various silencing options too.

Hi all,

thanks for repply TB Rich..

The aros will be made addapted to my Toyosports manifold and fits perfectly in my car (197).
But I have a doubt with it. I lose or gain bhp with aros exhaust?

Thanks for support

I fitted the oreca group a system with a sports cat I don't know about gains as it hasn't been remapped yet but it weighs a damn sight less than the original as the it only comes out one side so the rear silencer isn't enormous. Oreca have been successful in motorsport for years so that made me think that the odds are it's designed for its function

Hi all,

thanks for repply TB Rich..

The aros will be made addapted to my Toyosports manifold and fits perfectly in my car (197).
But I have a doubt with it. I lose or gain bhp with aros exhaust?

Thanks for support

There is nothing in any of them really, the 2 areas of the exhaust to get power on this car are, 1st is ditching the crap original manifold (or gutting the pre-cat) and 2nd is swapping out the standard cat.
When people are talking about cat-back systems exactly how much of a difference do you think there will be between 2 systems that both have to follow the same routing of the original exhaust system! Especially when both are mandrel bent etc. You could see some very marginal difference depending on type of silencer used, but if you buy from a good make you'll be getting a decent silencer.

The Aros system with an adaption to fit the Toyo manifold then sure go for it, it's a quaility replica of the R3 system, it'l be fine. I've got the Aros R3 manifold, but I mated it to a Supersprint system rather than replace it with the Aros, because once you're post cat it really makes **** all difference.

Yeah, which is why I wouldn't recommend fitting an Oreca with a Toyo, you'll be left with no cats. Once you've added the Miltek sports cat, frankly you might as well fit the Miltek. You'll see **** all difference between the cat back section of the Oreca and any other exhaust, Supersprint, Aros, the lot.

I didn't want some stupid exhaust sticking out either side for no reason, to me it is daft and unnecessary

Fair enough, I guess on a 197 that's not an issue (single pipe is going to be slightly better anyway for performance), however a 200 diffuser means I need 2 pipes and is the main reason I didn't pick up the Aros system to go with the manifold.

after this coments I think that gain with the exhaust in my car is suppresing the pre-cat and the second cat.

Is toyosport manifold and aros exhaust in 63.5-65mm a good config with airbox v6 and remap?

I doubt you can find anyone running that combination but I don't see why it wouldn't be a good combination once mapped properly.

The thing is the Aros system comes with a HJS cat I think but it is much further up the system due to being an R3 copy. So what would you do about lambda wiring? Extend it massively or just leave it? I think therefore if it was me I'd be more inclined to run the Oreca over the Aros, because you wont have to make a custom link up pipe to meet the Toyo or have to customise the lambda wiring. It just seems a lot more hassle when you could just buy the Oreca which is pretty similar being a single exit.

If you do buy the Aros then be sure to post up the installation pictures, be interesting to see it go together.