What engine oil does every1 use?

Finally, I found the shop where Motul 300V is offered. It is quite expensive, to tell the truth, it is the most expensive oil under offer. Nevertheless, I have ordered it... :thumbsup:

Finally, I found the shop where Motul 300V is offered. It is quite expensive, to tell the truth, it is the most expensive oil under offer. Nevertheless, I have ordered it... :thumbsup:

I used to use 300v in my bike, but they don't require 5+ litres of oil, for cars it just seems too expensive so I've ordered some Fuchs which I still have no idea how to pronounce in anyway other than F&*ks :smiley:

Guy, (Oilman) do you have any experience with motor oil in the Middle East? It's all drive-in oil changes at the petrol stations here, pretty fantastic service TBH. I've noticed their typical oil is a full synthetic 5w40, labeled up as the petrol station's name, such as: Eppco and Emirat. I'm wondering if it's any good, lol.

Guy, (Oilman) do you have any experience with motor oil in the Middle East? It's all drive-in oil changes at the petrol stations here, pretty fantastic service TBH. I've noticed their typical oil is a full synthetic 5w40, labeled up as the petrol station's name, such as: Eppco and Emirat. I'm wondering if it's any good, lol.

No idea to be honest, see if these oils meet any specs.

Cheers

Guy

just had a quote for 2nd year service (oil, filter, cabin and air intake filter) £230 at evans halshaw,

asked what oil they use and they said castrol fully-synthetic, so yeah looks like dealers dont even use elf.

Mine had 10W40 Semi-Synth put in it last time at Lookers Altrincham, god knows what brand.

I've topped it up once with some Millers Oils CFS 10W40. Service is due next month and I'll either be going with Elf 5W40 Evolution SXR from the dealers or Millers XFS 5W40. I'm not having it serviced by them though, complete lack of trust their now, they've changed to Bristol Street Motors but a loat of the staff have remained.

Last edited:
Dear Oilman.

I've found a Motul distributor here in Dubai. Unfortunately they do not stock the 300v, but they do stock the 8100 X-cess 5w40. I've had a look through the specification and it looks like there's a recommendation there for Renault - excellent. Please see here: http://www.motul-oil.co.uk/pdfs/synthetic-engine-oil/8100_X-cess_5W-40_(GB).pdf

What do you think of this oil?

My log book recommends Elf Evolution SXR 5w40, but I'm struggling to find that here. Do you know anything about this oil? Am I better off buying the Motul anyway?

Thanks in advance for your time. :smile: