What does RB actually look like?

I see some pictures of Racing Blue and i love the colour, i see others and i hate it. Im just wondering for people that have seen RB in the flesh, or own RB (I've never seen the colour in the flesh) as to what it most looks like in the pics below..

The colour i like..

DSC00464-1.jpg
5ShowinUp.jpg

The colour i don't like..

CraigsClio105.jpg
IMG00068-20091211-1043.gif

Last edited:
More like the colour you dont like! Its very 'smurf' like in the flesh! The one you like is just on a dark and dingy day by the looks of it making the car look dark!

I personally love it! My first choice for looks along with LY.

I suppose it all depends on the camera taking the pic. They all seem to struggle with RB for some reason. Go and have a look at one in that colour, looks great, I will post some pics of mine :wink:

the first and the third pic is the same car cause its mine, :thumbup1:

its just how it looks sometimes when taking pics, :confused1:

Darker in winter, lighter in the summer then! lol

You go to a showroom and look at one and it will be a hell of alot closer to the last two (if not abit lighter) than the first few!

Well that was the case when i was going to buy a showroom 200 back in the summer anyway.

it all depends on the camera and the sort of light at the time of the pic, but there is only one shade of R/B as far as i am aware anyway.

the first pic was taken from my phone, and the third pic was taken with a VERY good camera, ?

in the flesh they are exactly the same as the first pic, STUNNING, :thumbup1:

Ive seen a few in the flesh and it is a great colour. Its a more unique colour than albi is but that is probably cos metallic blue is common on most cars so the RB stands out a lot more when you see it! I would recommend going to see one just so you can make your mind up, but I wouldn't buy one in RB unless you are going to be happy with it 100% of the time!

I'll definitely be going to see one before i order one, it has to be the darker shade or I'll just get Liquid Yellow/Alien Green. I'm not a fan of it looking way too light.

Thanks for the help though people. :smile:

Adrian the first 3 pictures of yours look good, thats more the colour im hoping it looks like. Have to see! Hopeing to get one order in the next few months though..

I'll definitely be going to see one before i order one, it has to be the darker shade or I'll just get Liquid

there is only 1 shade mate, its ONLY the odd pic that makes them look this way.

Adrian the first 3 pictures of yours look good, thats more the colour im hoping it looks like. Have to see! Hopeing to get one order in the next few months though..

you are quite welcome to meet up and have a look if you wish, I am only in Mansfield.

Good find Arun!

Its roof is done same as the boot too if im not wrong!

That is amazing looks spot on!

I'll definitely be going to see one before i order one, it has to be the darker shade or I'll just get Liquid

there is only 1 shade mate, its ONLY the odd pic that makes them look this way.

Yea i know theres only one shade, i meant it will have to look like the darker ones for me to want the colour, if it looks like the lighter ones I'll probably get Alien Green.

From what people have said though "in the flesh" RB looks like the darker ones (top two)

you are quite welcome to meet up and have a look if you wish, I am only in Mansfield.

Might take you up on that offer Adrian, thanks. :drool:

I'll let you know, do you know any Renault garages around here that have 200's stocked? I know the one in Chesterfield has a FF LY 200. Im gonna ring them all up and see i think.

jace if your out n about in Leicester some time let us know and you can have a drive out in mine if you want mate.

when you see a R/B in the flesh you wont want any other colour 8)

Thanks for the offer chappo. I do love your 197, its one of the cars that made my fall in love with RB.

Im sure once i see it i want, i just need to see one! Haha. I want to see Alien Green too before i make my final choice, they are the colours I've narrowed it down to i think.