what do i need for??

an oil change??
what type oil are we running? would i need a sump plug??oil filter?
where is the best place to get these? as i am gonna be doing an oil change :smile:

cheers guys

1) 5 litres of oil, although usually people get 5 litre and a 1 litre bottle for future top ups.
2) Oil filter, Renault is best place as you dont wanna skimp on quality here.
3) Sump plug washer if you want to be very thorough. Only cost a couple extra quid from Renault and ensures it doesnt leak.

I use Silkolene Pro s 5W-30. But alot of people stick to Elf std stuff.

www.opieoils.co.uk is best place to source non Elf oil from.

first you will need a 8mm square drive socket to get the sump plug off

if doing diy - just get the bits from a dealers they usually have oil and filters on offer

I just changed the oil on the 182, I ran an oil flush through first which seemed to get loads of crap out. Then filled her up with castrol sport edge 0W40 fully synthetic. I could actually feel a difference when I'd done. Might have been the flush or the oil, or a bit of both :smile:

so what type oil am i to get then guys??

ta for the info

Well that's personal preference isn't it mate. Search for multiple threads on here about which oil to use. Just make sure it's a quality synthetic oil.

Oh and you can get the 8mm square drive for the plug from halfords too :tongueout:

ok ta guys, now what about spark plugs? any better ones out there? or are the factoy pretty much the ones to go for?

Similar Thread Suggestions