200: What Car Mk4 RS Group Test *****SPOILER WARNING*****

They're plugging the Clio rs massively here at WSR in Moscow, there's one doing the demo runs, seems to look pretty handy and the driver can somehow do donuts in it?!

It does look nice though, if you don't look at the front.

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

Sold one at work today - delivery times are September.

Only way people can see them is if they see them at a dealer, or if Renault have put one somewhere. Extremely rare at the moment. Currently only 2 registered in the UK - but only 1 is a demo.

I must be a lucky boy then. There was a yellow one being filled up at the petrol station inside Donington Park today as I arrived for the track evening. I must have glanced at it for all of a second as I drove past in my 200 cup. Says it all really. I get the feeling Renault have gone down the same route at vw did in the 90's with the Golf GTI.

TW

Saw one at the Trowbridge dealers, sold already. Was a rs and a normal mk4 side by side and could hardly tell the difference. Different front grill maybe no flares at all

The ironic thing is that even though the new Clio isn't as good to drive as the 200, isn't class leading and is more expensive it will probably outsell the 200...

Another review saying the Fiesta is just almost as good as the clio, though too stiff, too slow, but wins because its cheaper... no esp off iirc?

Sure the clio has changed, lost some of its "supercar-ness", still find mk4 the only choice in its class.

Fiesta is getting old as well, already past its facelift, whats it got left on the market ? two years?

Well saw 2 today at Croft by in LY and have to say they look much better in the metal than any picture I have seen, they are sat very squat and the roof line must be 4" lower than th 200

I really like the Clio looks wise, defo have to black or liquid yellow for me tho but white with red pack is also tempting.

I actually made several enquiries but Renault aren't doing 0% finance regardless of my deposit, so I've spent the cash else where now and fallen back in love with the 200.

So glad I opted for the 200.

If it ain't broke don't fix it....... Five doors on a hot hatch was never going to work!

Renault, it's not all about the money.

deja vu? Golf GTi and look how long I took them to fix it......

The surprising thing is that they mention that the new ford ST is equally fast with the clio 200 cup! Seriously? If that's the case Ford did a great job...

New Clio? Well, not a surprise really..

Sat in one Thursday. Nice, but not sure it's worth £21k. The gear selector button felt like it was going to come off in my hand! Engine sounded nice and it looked great in LY with black 18s.

My mate works at Renault, he went on a track day with them, took it round the track, did some challenges etc. He loved it. Says the handling is immense! He was saying how good the launch control is. It's restricted to 1500 times through it's life on the ECU, but according to him, doing launch control on a Ferrari voids the warranty on the transmission! So Renault have actually been quite good with that.

If it wasn't for the fact the interior wasn't up to quality standards and that price tag I'd look at buying. I may save up and get a used one, but it needs to have heated seats, sat nav and parking sensors, which I doubt I'd get on a used buy.

They're asking a lot of money for these small hot hatches now aren't they. Wasn't the first 2.5 focus st only 16k or something?

They're asking a lot of money for these small hot hatches now aren't they. Wasn't the first 2.5 focus st only 16k or something?

Nope, lt was less! I paid £15,500 for my (then brand new) Focus ST2 back in 2007. The ST1 was less again.

Sat in one Thursday. Nice, but not sure it's worth £21k. The gear selector button felt like it was going to come off in my hand! Engine sounded nice and it looked great in LY with black 18s.

My mate works at Renault, he went on a track day with them, took it round the track, did some challenges etc. He loved it. Says the handling is immense! He was saying how good the launch control is. It's restricted to 1500 times through it's life on the ECU, but according to him, doing launch control on a Ferrari voids the warranty on the transmission! So Renault have actually been quite good with that.

If it wasn't for the fact the interior wasn't up to quality standards and that price tag I'd look at buying. I may save up and get a used one, but it needs to have heated seats, sat nav and parking sensors, which I doubt I'd get on a used buy.

From what I have found the paddle shifters are off the Nissan GTR, hence the feel!

seen and looked round the new 200t at croft yesterday...and it only stood out being in ly!

even though its lower than a 197/200 it still for some reason looks to tall and narrow :whatever:

the front and rear doors are quite narrow as well along with door mirrors that look like parachutes :glare:

seen and looked round the new 200t at croft yesterday...and it only stood out being in ly!

even though its lower than a 197/200 it still for some reason looks to tall and narrow :whatever:

the front and rear doors are quite narrow as well along with door mirrors that look like parachutes :glare:

The door mirrors have been designed to work as an air brake to make up for the lack of Brembos... "another great money saving idea bought to you by Renault, in association with JML"