What a difference!

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Ok so I had to do the monkey work for my sister today, to go and wash her slk 200 57 plate because she has decided to sell it. She owns it for 1 year but I never drove it because tbh I couldn't be bothered. Today I drove it for about an hour, cruising with the roof down through regent's park, lovely day and all that. Then it was time to get back to my R27.

Seriously...WHAT A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE! They say that in order to appreciate something you have to separate from it! (That's a Greek saying anyway lol). The brakes are so responsive, the steering is so precise, the handling is superb, the engine so enraged and I can go on for ages. I was literally laughing for how much of a ****ty car the SLK is (crappy engine - more torque but who cares - heavy and slow steering, brakes from a bicycle, ride designed for women etc). In the aftermath the only think I did enjoy was ''convertible'' business and the driving position which was much lower that the clio's (come on Renault).

I've been in love with my car since the day I bought it. I have one more reason after today:smile:))))