Well I've not driven mine yet this year!

ashtons99

Gold Member
Apart from a trip to the dealer for a service and an MOT I've not used the AG200. I keep it in heated storage about 15 miles from my house and go over there occasionally to start it up but that's about as far as it's been. I spent so long detailing it when I put it away I'm loathe to get it dirty. I fitted an Akro Evo system on it and while doing so polished it all up underneath , since then I've hardly used it.

I suppose I should sell it really but I enjoy opening the door, sitting in the recaros and taking in the fresh smell of the car.

Im not sure what point there is to the post but just wondered if I was the only one who made very little use of their RS

Haven't got much of a choice as it's my daily, but that may soon change when I get a motorbike :wink:

Built to be driven hard. Get it out there & enjoy it whilst you can. I HIGHLY recommend doing some track days

I've only done around 3500 miles in 6 months.. Think I only did 6k in total last year.

I'd use it even less if I could justify the cost of a second car to use as my daily, something a bit more comfy and with better mpg for during the week then have to the Clio to use on a weekend.

Did a whisker under 5000 miles in 1st year of ownership up to September this year but it's my weekend toy. Can see me possibly doing more this year as I've discovered track days & want to try several tracks including Spa & the 'ring. After all it was bought (& built) to be driven & enjoyed.

Daily driver doing around 8-10K per year! Get's taken out for a 'proper drive' too each time I visit my mate up in Leeds. Yorkshire Dales are fantastic!

Last edited:
Done 1900 miles since last Weds (long weekend in Scotland) :lol: It's my daily, so expecting to do ~15k/year.

I've always said that no car is special enough to be a garage queen, every single car out there is meant to be driven, including classics however I so wish I had a heated garage where I could work on my car and keep it clean etc...Jealous

With that said, if you don't have to drive it (either because you have a commute car or because you have other cars or no time etc) then you don't, as simply as that. To be honest these cars are not ideal for commuting anyway, only for spirited driving:smile:

I would highly recommend track days. Keep the car in storage and take it out either for a TD or for a Sunday spirited driving. Don't need more than that really:smile:

I don't really see the point of garage queens myself, but it's each to their own :smile:

I bought mine to enjoy it and get every single penny's worth out of it (and it's been a lot of pennies recently!). I use it daily and for plenty of spirited drives. I've added a lot of miles to it since I bought it, but haven't regretted any of it. They are built to be driven, as are all cars to be fair.

I've only done around 3500 miles in 6 months.. Think I only did 6k in total last year.

I'd use it even less if I could justify the cost of a second car to use as my daily, something a bit more comfy and with better mpg for during the week then have to the Clio to use on a weekend.

I have a van for weekdays and my clio for weekends, although I don't like a car sitting about too long not getting used, the clio used to be my daily and mostly a 30 mile round trip on the motorway to work and back and when I got it on the rollers ran 189 bhp not bad for a car that had 70000 miles and was used day in day out and was 8 years old .

Good to hear that some of them may actually last in good condition and pretty low mileage, if you dont need it everyday, why use it, but take it out at least one weekend a month, thats a nice toy to enjoy. Mine is a low mileage R27, and being a second car I dont use it for the everyday 30 mile commute, stays fresh, still smells and drives as it was brand new. Its my second 197, the first one was a daily and hit close to 100k when I sold it, even though it was fully serviced as renault recommended, must admit it was reliable as no other renault I had before, it still felt like it was used and tired, so glad I got this second one as a weekend toy! I see you, its a beauty to look at, but still it needs to be taken out for a little drive every now and then!

Yes, mine still on 20k miles and not a single stone chip or mark anywhere. My wife says I'm just looking after it for the next owner to enjoy! I suppose she's right really.

Drive it ! Enjoy it !
I've done 72K miles in mine in a bit less than 5 years, then i replaced it with a new BMW 120d but kept the Clio. Done maybe 500 miles these last 4 months but i will soon get it back to around 5000 miles per year. It is such a blast to drive compared to the 190 hp/ 400 Nm Beemer-diesel.

I thought I'd just post a Keilder photo to remind myself what the car looks like under the cover. Taken Keilder Water

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions