200: Well.. I almost died.

The link doesn't work but the only way the wheels will lock is if you are pressing the middle pedal! Get your speed off before the bend not half way round it, the worst thing you can do in a FWD car is lift off or brake mid corner (unless you are on a track and want to induce oversteer !). Constant power through the apex and gun it when you are pointing in the right direction. Your tyre brand mix has fook all to do with your wheels locking.

Thats a bit extreme to say he has no road sence and he's a shocking driver, I see worse driving nearly every time I go on the motorway.

As I said in an earlier post, learn from your mistakes and move on. You've had some good advice on this thread, and a bit of slating as you might expect.
I see it all the time as well put the drivers are not filming themselves and then showing the footage..... well maybe they are !
Anyway enough said hopefully lesson learnt.

Just remember, Every day is a school day. Best way to learn how to use/abuse your Clio is track time and pay for the tuition in your own car. There are so many perimeters of what could have happened. No-one is a perfect driver. Look at motor racing, **** happens sometimes :tongueout:

I see it all the time as well put the drivers are not filming themselves and then showing the footage..... well maybe they are !
Anyway enough said hopefully lesson learnt.

scratching my head on that reply, I guess you know what you meant!!

scratching my head on that reply, I guess you know what you meant!!

There seams to be a craze now of careless driving on every day roads being fimed by either the drivers or the passengers and then being posted on to social media sites.

Last edited:
Straight from the fast lane to the slip road?..

Plus, 90% of traffic coming out of that slip road is lorries from the dumping yard, your very lucky. Could have been a nasty head on. I'd take that as a lesson to calm down buddy

I second this, your driving is shocking obviously you have no car control or road sense, you have posted on another thread you have £900 to spend to try and make your car go faster !!! use the £900 for some track day tuition at least there if you have another moment like this one their will be less chance of any one apart from yourself being hurt.

**** happens buddy. I was braking from the slow lane I just applied them harder as most people typically do and they locked up. You can see the surface of the road is ****ed too. Yeah this is my fault but I wouldn't say I have no road control or sense.

Just remember, Every day is a school day. Best way to learn how to use/abuse your Clio is track time and pay for the tuition in your own car. There are so many perimeters of what could have happened. No-one is a perfect driver. Look at motor racing, **** happens sometimes :tongueout:

Exactly! I would agree with most that I need to chill out if it was happening constantly but I've never been in a situation like this which is why my poor skills to gain control again showed. It's all about learning. I did mention before that I could have hit someone earlier in the thread so I am well aware and feeling a very lucky bloke.

At the end of the day, I enjoy the car for what it is and drive it semi-sensible, semi-looney when the time is right and nobody is about, it's just I took the slip road far too fast and when the time came to hit the brakes, the road surface just made the car feel like it was on ice. It just makes me want to praise these cars handling more and more due to if I was in a 1.2 Corsa or whatever, then I don't think I would have made that turn.

Don't push it in a car you're not used to.

Regardless of tyres. Or brakes or the weather. Etc....

Most high performance FWD cars will go light on the bum if you anchor up, doesn't matter what tyres you're using, some will just cope better with the loss of weight over them than others. But tyres you know are good and keep an eye on the pressures, they can fluctuate a lot in this weather we have at the moment (very cold at night, nice and warm in the day). Braking mid corner in almost any car is a big no when doing a decent speed, it's all down to weight transfer and chassis dynamics.

Get yourself on track and learn the limits of your car in a "safe" environment and get some tuition in. It'll help you on the road as much, if not more than it will on the track.

To be honest with you, my idea at the time was to brake hard to transfer the weight to the front of the vehicle which is why the back end kicked out and in to the dirt. Was that the right choice or should I have done something else?

Why don't you book yourself onto Llandow for a trackday [MENTION=51445]Kazumz[/MENTION]? £80 for the day. What you'll learn in one day there would be money well spent. It's near Cowbridge, easy to get to

Why don't you book yourself onto Llandow for a trackday @Kazumz? £80 for the day. What you'll learn in one day there would be money well spent. It's near Cowbridge, easy to get to

Yeah will do but the issue stands that I don't get weekends off and I've got Uni Monday-Friday so it's difficult to plan stuff. Most of the time I just want to chill out at home after Uni and Work.

PMSL. Get a turbo conversion, that'll help your cornering.

Excuse me? I didn't put the video up for you to have a go, I put it up to receive valuable advice on how to avoid a situation like this again apart from the "Oh you were going too fast" which I clearly understood at the time. We all make mistakes. What's a turbo conversion got to do with someone making a human error? None of us are perfect and everything is a learning curve.

Very disrespectful. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread then please do not reply.

If you brake mid corner all that happens is the weight is transferred to the front and the rear end lightens, if you are cornering this just causes the rear to rotate and you disappear into the scenery, if there happens to be a tree there it usually brings the car to a stop with life changing effects on the car occupants.

If you brake mid corner all that happens is the weight is transferred to the front and the rear end lightens, if you are cornering this just causes the rear to rotate and you disappear into the scenery, if there happens to be a tree there it usually brings the car to a stop with life changing effects on the car occupants.

Descriptive!

There know to over steer anyway, think you just encouraged it by braking mid corner. Had the rear step out on mine, on a damp roundabout, at moderate speed, and that was without braking.

There know to over steer anyway, think you just encouraged it by braking mid corner. Had the rear step out on mine, on a damp roundabout, at moderate speed, and that was without braking.

I should have accelerated mid corner out of the slide then? I just kept the brakes applied.

Cant think like that, if there was a mother and kids in the way for when everyone makes a mistake in a car, there wouldn't be much of a next generation of kids growing up.

Err that's exactly how you should think driving on the road tbh. Christ knows I like an enthusiastic drive but having the thought process that either a slow moving car or another loon on a jaunt is potentially around the corner is what you need to consider, every time you drive the car, fast or not.

Of course I appreciate genuine mistakes and accidents happen, and for those times I believe your comment kinda makes sense that you can't worry too much. But given the context of this thread that if you are out driving fast and have an error like this (not seen video granted, but gather he slid out to the other side of the road!), then clearly he was driving beyond his own ability. None of us should advise he not worry about the consequences here!!