Weekend project - Brembo overhaul

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Here was this weekend project, I'm just writing a 'how to' which will be up later this evening. For now here is some before/afters

Before, lots of chips in the paint and ruined dust seals

null_zps2df00e27.jpg

59B609BB-D4CB-420E-8614-227573F78E7E-5454-000003736956BCB6_zps6640674b.jpg

After, better paint and new seals

null_zps1b5e0085.jpg

null_zpsf6b97cdd.jpg

null_zpsc9d76205.jpg

null_zps4a312171.jpg

Ignore the budget tyre!!

Keep an eye out for the how to! Comments welcome.

Chris

I was gonna get mine powder coated but it would get to read your how to before I pay to het it done

I'm doing something similar on the rear brakes soon. Which paint did you use Chris? How close is the match to the original Capsicum?

I'm doing something similar on the rear brakes soon. Which paint did you use Chris? How close is the match to the original Capsicum?

The paint I've used is brighter than the original, but I'll be doing the rears soon too so the difference won't matter.

It's some hicote caliper spray I bought on eBay. It's only cheap so we'll see how it lasts.

Interesting write up, on the note of the seals how are they held in place within the caliper? It's difficult to make out but is there a rim they pop over or similar?

Interesting write up, on the note of the seals how are they held in place within the caliper? It's difficult to make out but is there a rim they pop over or similar?

Which ones? The internal ones (the actual seals) or the outer dust covers?

The internal seals sit in a recess, the dust covers fit onto the piston (they have a cut out near the top for the) and push into a recess in the caliper. It's quite obvious when you take them apart.

You can make both out on this photo.

null_zpsfab32812.jpg

Last edited:
Which ones? The internal ones (the actual seals) or the outer dust covers?

The internal seals sit in a recess, the dust covers fit onto the piston (they have a cut out near the top for the) and push into a recess in the caliper. It's quite obvious when you take them apart.

You can make both out on this photo.
*snip*

Cheers Chris I get it now, I didn't quite get the bit about there being an O-ring seal sat against the wall of the piston as well as a dust cap, thanks for clearing that up :smile: .

Cheers Chris I get it now, I didn't quite get the bit about there being an O-ring seal sat against the wall of the piston as well as a dust cap, thanks for clearing that up :smile: .

think he means the hydraulic fluid seal - the square section seal thats sat in the machined groove in the body of the caliper where the piston goes

Last edited: