Weak syncros may not be the issue after all...

Mines on 122k now and no sign of failure. Theres nothing in the service history about changing a gearbox or clutch so I would assume its not been changed. I am fairly mechanically sympathetic in that I tend to put my foot down at 3k plus and if I change I dont smash it through the box. I also have a Sprint Booster fitted which I have had fitted for over 6 months. The car is a daily but does have a few foot down moments every week.

I forgot to add I also have a lightened crank pulley which if anything should add vibrations.

PS; My 41k 200 had a Lady owner for quite some years before me [Not to say she didn't have heavy lead boots] and has lead a cosseted life by me (Engineer with max mechanical sympathy). This should be the prime example not to have suffered or going to suffer (?) with Syncro issues if the reasons of constant high RPM leading to Syncro death is true. And gearbox as yet is as silky smooth as anything i've owned. Touch wood, lucky Rabbits foot, 4-leafed clover etc :tearsofjoy:

On the same front: High mileage cars that have been bounced of the rev-limiter at every opportunity - and we know the engines are built for this - should be failing in droves.

So anyone got a high miler that's been regularly thrashed over the last XXXXX thousand miles with the original box still feeling awesome ?
178,000 miles on the clock. When I "bought it" I was told it had been clocked and should be about 220,000. Sweet as a nut.

Having sat in these cars on track with drivers that think light speed gear changes are "normal", I am sure there are various owners that do the same on the road. I would also suspect that since bleeding the clutch is a pain in the arse, despite what service records may show, it is not done very often and so clutch drag, people not pressing the clutch fully and many other things contribute to this.

Reactions: papa and Doogle