Projector light output is pretty weak?

Helpimonfire

Paid Member
Hey guys,
I've got factory fitted projectors with the turning lights on my 197, my problem is that with the cheap bulbs that were in it, there wasn't much light being put out on the road and now I've swapped out for some Osram Nightbreakers, the light output is better but still poor.

What am I doing wrong? I know they're not supposed to be Xenon bulbs as there's no headlight washers.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Yea I find them the same used night breakers on normal headlights big difference in standard non projector lights but one went inside a year I used equivalent Philips type ones in the projector headlights I later fitted. I don't like fitting higher than road legal bulbs although I think nowadays the police or VOSA should pull people more as the amount of one headlight, nuclear powered headlights (HID aftermarket kits) and people that will not dip especially after you pass them. Anyway I think there is such a sharp edge to the projector dip beam even more powerful bulbs don't make a difference and very little dirt or marks on the lens can reduce the light output very quickly.

ymQwiqQ.png

Ended up ordering a set of these to replace the Osram Nightbreakers and there's a hell of a difference. The light output is much better and it's a whiter, cleaner light.

Much better!