Clio III projector headlights - poor light output?

Got a Clio III DCI for the OH as her daily and it has the projector/cornering lights fitted as standard. However compared to normal headlights the light output is crap. The bulbs are fitted correctly and adjusted properly so I guess my only option is to try new bulbs.

I've tried the "150% brighter" bulbs off ebay when I had the 330cd and they were worse than standard. Is my only option a HID kit (thinking 5000k) or does anyone have another suggestion?

Cheers

Tom

I use 5k HID's most of the time but when one of my bulbs went I switched to osram nightbreakers and found them pretty good.
There no where near as bright as the HID's but at least their legal :tongueout:

I think the main issue with projectors is the sharp cutoff at the top of the beam.

Not sure what others have used but I just had these lying around and needed some headlights haha

i had this when i swapped the reflector headlights for the projectors into my 200, i thought it was down to the bulbs but its because the beam is ore focused and not up there over there like the reflectors are , just takes getting used too, thats my opinion , I'm also putting HIDs in when i get my car back

I swapped my cup items for projectors, and they are ****e IMO. They look well (in the day lol) but for night driving the silver reflector lamps are much better. I'm debating swapping back to them tbh

To be honest I think mine are better! Lol. You could always line it up to a wall, mark the beam line and then move the adjuster in the car down a level, then turn the height adjuster screw on the light up one level until it meets where it did. Then flick the inside switch back up and it'll be another level higher.