Warming car up

Random question, how many people let their car "warm up" before you start driving. Noticed it helped my kangarooing.
But did it the other day with the mrs in the car and she questioned me!?! Saying my cars not a diesel!
I know Craig_B does as he was the one who told me.
Not just us is it? Lol
Cheers

there was a technical note from renault to make sure the car is left to warm up before driving.....ie it stops the kangerooing problem....

the very early cars 06 plate actually had a higher co2 rating and it seems they suffer less from the issue as the later 56 plate cars have a lower co2 rating (199) - so i think renault wanted them below 200g/km limit and compromised cold start driveability to do it :001_rolleyes:

Mine never kangaroo when I'm leaving my house. I think it's due to me backing out of the driveway which is sloped downwards so no gears needed, this takes around 20s which seems to help it.

I warm mine up until the revs drop below 1000 and it makes it much better to drive, even with a remap which helped from what i hear.

it deffinately helps driveability warming it up 1st especially when giving it some beans!!!,and a remap also stopped the kangarooing i had on my 58 plate 197

Whenever I start mine before I drive in it it's always left for 5 minutes to idle before I do anything. Except if I have been using it that day recently etc.

My temp gauge is always above the first mark on the dial.

Personally I don't see how anyone could get in these cars and just drive away from cold.

Apart from the obvious matter of it feeling disgusting to do so I just have too much respect for the engine to drive it cold.

People start their cars up then wait 5 minutes? It's not an F1 car, it'll be fine as long as you're not redlining it straight away. I'd rather have 5 mins in bed and lose the risk of someone jumping in it while it's warming up 'Wait, you can't nick it yet, give it 5'

Hmm u would probably cause more damage leaving it to warm up then just driving it straight off as the mechanical parts will stay colder for longer but unless u bollock it around when cold then it shouldn't harm it in the slightest.
My engine is usually on for a minute or two before moving off as setting up the sat nav or something maybe longer in winter whilst defrosting the car lmao

All my cars if i've set of straight away I have never taken it over 3k revs.

Done the same with my Clio. Waited a bit for it to warm up, then still never take it over 3k revs until fully warm

I let mine warm up on the daily commute as i have to join a DC within about 1min of my house and i dont feel comfortable giving it the beans when i know its just been started.

I start it up on the driveway and eat my breakfast/drink tea for 5mins watching it from the window :smiley: