want remap for my 197 i live in essex ?

I have a r27 wanted to get k tec stage 1 but dont really wanna travel anywhere nearer i can go who are the top tuners, ktec, rs tuning and tdf ?

Thanks guys and sorry if this has been asked :smile:

I'm from Essex and always happily make the journe up to TDF, it's only hour and a half. Their results and professional approach are worth the trip plus there's always something interesting in the workshop they are only too happy to talk you round :smile:

You could try AmD in lakeside, they can map out flatspots from exhausts nicely but be sure to minus 15 - 20 bhp from your results, legendary for over reading! I've seen a standard 200 only 3000 miles old pull 218bhp on there...

I'm from Norfolk and booking my r27 in at TDF in the next few weeks, after speaking to them over the phone they seemed very helpful and hopefully can get some good figures out of my Clio !

so tdf are pritty good then, im staying away from amd they are ****t !! lol heard so much stuff about them ! cheers fellas :wink:

I wouldn't think twice about travelling to k-tec, and have done so a number of times (feom Norfolk). Well worth the journey!
Depending on what you want done, Dan at 519 automotive would also be worth a call. He's a top bloke who knows what he's doing, and is always happy to help.

yea im only needing a remap and filter i dont wanna put exhaust etc on this car dont see it being worth it i spend 7k on my type r just want that lil extra from remap :smile:

I'm seriously considering travelling to K Tec for a re-map and I live in Northern Ireland! Though I've been told there's a place in or near Derby that's quite good.

I wouldn't think twice about travelling to k-tec, and have done so a number of times (feom Norfolk). Well worth the journey!
Depending on what you want done, Dan at 519 automotive would also be worth a call. He's a top bloke who knows what he's doing, and is always happy to help.

He cant remap though, no rolling road.

Not from what i've heard.

You'll also get a much more personal service at TDF which is great.

You may want to read the thread titled "197/200 Matched Inlets and remap at 519 Automotive" in the 519 Automotive traders section!

Flash generic remaps, which are downloaded onto the car from Ktec???

I know of a few companies who do 'live mapping', that being mapping the car whilst driving it on the road, but apart from that a rolling road is needed to do custom tailored maps.

Flash generic remaps, which are downloaded onto the car from Ktec???

I don't know, you'd have to ask Dan. However, seeing as the OP has stated he's not going for any other mods, only he can decide whether the extra cost of a RR is worth it, considering the extra cost, when a well proven off the shelf remap will give him the majority of the gains, at a lower cost.

For £475 you can get matched inlets and a remap to compliment them from 519. From TDF you can get a remap only for £342.

Not from what i've heard.

You'll also get a much more personal service at TDF which is great.

From what I've experienced, that isn't the case and you'll get great service from K-Tec.

I've used both KTEC and TDF, I prefer TDF but you pay a premium for TDF. I'd have to look at total cost of remap (inc. fuel to get there) to make my mind up between the 2.