Had my 197 remapped!

Well, had my car remapped at RS Tuning today after sorting out the group buy on the remaps. Think i've been the first down there out of all of us so far.

Had the car serviced and the newly developed 197 cat back system from Scorpion fitted too. The new system for the 197 is the same as the 200 system, but with a couple of tailpipe options. I went for the resonated system as it seems to give a deeper sound and also not as loud, and chose the slash cut tailpipes plus a decat pipe. I've also got an ITG maxogen fitted.

Scorp.jpg

[video=youtube;W9sQMpg46F4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9sQMpg46F4[/video]

Then onto the Dyno, original run just after fitting the exhaust was 178hp with some big flat spots between 2000-3500rpm - You could actually hear these as the car went through the revs. I expected this as i'd read decatting gives big flat spots.

Paul then did 7-8 runs on the dyno over about 25 mins and got a final figure of 190hp and around 160ft/lbs of torque, which was bang on what I expected to see really. Power curve is now much smoother, car no longer has the 'kick' at 5000rpm which I missed the first couple of times I floored it, but I can feel now that power is better everywhere in the rev range. Low end power is much better and the car will pull happily from below 3000rpm, where as before i'd have to downshift to avoid a flat spot.

So all in all I think its been money well spent there.

The exhaust sounds great, really burbles away on overrun and get some nice little pops on flat out shifts, and the tail pipes look sweet too, they stick out a bit more than OEM which is nice too.

IMG_0002.jpg

Clip of the exhaust:

[video=youtube;pI2URXPh-DQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2URXPh-DQ[/video]

:001_tt1:

Good to see a couple of positive reviews as I really want to get my 200 remapped but am unsure if it's worth it. Especially when you hear all this under powers statement that my 200 could actually be running feels nippy don't get me wrong but think your the last positive push I needed. Glad your enjoying it

Ooh any info on this new scorpion? Nothing on the website. I hate the old tailpipes. These tapered united look much better