VXR Nurburgring

Well just come home to see my 21 year old neighbour has a 12plate Corsa VXR Nurburgring in the bronzy/red colour, just had a looksey round it and I have to say it is a stonking little car, the leather recaros are simply supurb, Brembo 4 pots, Blisten suspension, limited slip diff and over 200bhp AND he can get over 40mpg from it. I am a little jealous tbh.

Weirdly though he's only paying £800 a year insurance :scared: he said he looked at a RS200 and an ST but couldn't get insured on either.

£800 a year insurance, blimey... I think he's fibbing....

Sounds awesome though.

Think he could be fibbing as the nurburgring Corsas were under classified by insurers to start with and now they've jumped a few categories so yeah, seems cheap.

Also, that colour is called chilli orange. Awesome little cars. Would have one in a heart beat tbh.

Does sound cheap, but I've no reason to disbelieve him, he's a good lad and has always had pocket rockets since passing his test.

I agree that they are cracking cars, but the price they are is astounding!! For that you can have a focus rs or meggy 265 trophy. Just giving my 2pence worth lol

I agree that they are cracking cars, but the price they are is astounding!! For that you can have a focus rs or meggy 265 trophy. Just giving my 2pence worth lol

As its been said before. Nobody paid the RRP on these things as with all cars now-a-days dealers are willing to chop a few grand off if it means a sale.

Most people will have paid around 17-19k. Which I'd say is a good price tbh.

He must have lied on the insurance forms or have 4 years NCB and live in an amazing area.

At his age, I was paying £600 for a 1.2 Corsa with 4 years NCB and insurance prices have risen in the last 3 years...

I honestly don't believe it.

Not for me to question it but £800 at 21. Richard, your the best judge given you only live next door.....?

they have improved a few things. i hope they have sorted the whole injectors things maxxing out at 4900rmp

thats why you see so many with piston #4 on the windscreen

trust me ive owned one

plus they depreciate like stones

i lost 3k in 3 months

Well £800 seems about right to me basing it on that I only pay £1000 at 19 for a RS200 Clio. I am limited to 5000 miles a year though but I don't clock many up in my own cars as I still do 60,000miles a year in a works van :tongueout:

21 2years no claims fully declared clio comes out as £716 for me so its possible

An r26.r is only 800 for me.......

I do like them, they have a good road presence.

Insurance sounds fine, I was paying around £800 for my 197 when I was 21, now 24 im getting quotes for around £370.

Cant remember how much insurance was for me at 18 when I had the Arctic version of the VXR but it was a good little car, before I got the clio I looked at a new chilli orange burg but preferred the Clio in the end and significantly cheaper aswell.

injectors dont max out at 4900 rpm! i had mine with standard injectors running approx 240bhp for over 2 years and mine never missed a beat! the standard ko3 turbo will run outta puff before the injectors need replaced

problem is young inexperienced drivers and ex demo cars being ragged from cold, the pistons experience thermoshock and crack in between the lands!