VW or Ford

Looking a changing me Clio 200 next year, looking at the VW Golf R. But ford have now tempted me with the new RS. What's peoples opinions on both? Not seen a price for the RS would think it'd be similar to the R at about 3oK. Choices, choices

Looking a changing me Clio 200 next year, looking at the VW Golf R. But ford have now tempted me with the new RS. What's peoples opinions on both? Not seen a price for the RS would think it'd be similar to the R at about 3oK. Choices, choices

Probably best this goes in other cars or pub talk.

Golf R, the new FRS looks pretty fugly and not nearly as agressive as it should be. You could also wait for the Golf R400

Golf R, the new FRS looks pretty fugly and not nearly as agressive as it should be. You could also wait for the Golf R400

I'm not saying I'm a massive fan of the way the new FRS looks, but the Mk7 Golf R is awful. 4 tailpipes looks stupid, and the front bumper is gash. The Mk6 Golf R looks so much nicer, however it's not a Gen5 Haldex - which from what I can tell plays a significant factor to making the mk7 R the first R that is dynamically better than the GTi.

I'd wait an see what the reports are like for the FRS, I think it could be a very good car - if a little underwhelming visually.

Oh and 30k, buy an E92 M3 all day long over those. Or if you want to protect your capital then an Evora. Feck spending 30k on a hatch!

I have never owned a reliable vw or known anyone who has had a good experience with vw, overrated pieces of sh*t. They do not deserve their reputation. So I'd say go with the ford but as someone else said if an e92 m3 is an option go with that, it makes the others look like toys.

Not known anyone with a reliable VW.......

JDPower survey might show slightly different results, VW is 5th on the survey, Ford 15th and Renualt 21st

Just saying....

Neither... M3 E92... Anyday. And some change in your pocket.

New Golf R is ugly as hell.. Neighbour has one. Rs..? Not as nice as the Mk2 Focus Rs IMO...

I am a massive ford fan. I had 2 fords until I got my Clio. Me and the fella test drove a RS they handle nice a bit lam on the power side of things but because we were comparing that to 300bhp Cupra R. I would deffo go for the MK2 RS. </SPAN>