Video and Photos from the Cairngorms

Hi all,

I made a short edit whilst on Holiday up in the Cairngorms. It was mainly on the A939, I drove from Boat of Garten to Balmoral via Tomintoul and Cock Bridge (titter). Stop in Tomintoul if you like Whiskey, go to the Whiskey Castle :smile:

The edit is more scenic than hardcore, such a lovely place to be and so much fun.

[video=youtube;-D_6gtXwjF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_6gtXwjF4[/video]

attachment.php
attachment.php

If you have any interest in wildlife check out my flickr feed over the next couple of days, I have a Golden Eagle pic amongst other things going up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zombiejohniecash/

Attachments

• Cairngorms2.jpg
    Cairngorms2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Cairngorms1.jpg
    Cairngorms1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 131
Did you take in the Old Military Rd? It's a simply superb bit of road. Lovely pics but, for some reason, the video is coming up as being unavailable o. YouTube. :worried:

Ah bum, turns out it's the sound track at fault. Because it's copyrighted material YouTube have disabled mobile viewing. Should be fine from a laptop, sorry.

Ah bum, turns out it's the sound track at fault. Because it's copyrighted material YouTube have disabled mobile viewing. Should be fine from a laptop, sorry.

Turns out I did, apparently the a939 is the old military road. Definitely a cooler name :smile:

Flicked it over to the desktop site and that worked fine on the mobile. Superb edit, a very fitting soundtrack for the video and, my Christ, "my" country is breathtaking! :wink:

Yeah, sorry missed the road name as I was too busy concentrating on the listed names of the places you stopped off at. There are some fantastic roads all around there, it pays to be a little adventurous and go off the beaten track but I'm so glad that you did the Old Military Rd. It's really cool and, if I remember correctly, Evo Magazine or someone similar, did once write something about how it should be in there as one of the UK's great driving roads. The only thing to watch out for really are the wildlife...and the cyclists!!

I was planning on doing the Cairngorms loop, but everywhere I went was amazing roads. Even just pootling from the cottage down to tescos in aviemore was fun.