Vibration from Powerflex mounts

Bro

Paid Member
Hello all

I have had some Powerflex mounts fitted for probably a year now and I get bad vibrations that make a booming noise inside the car

The mounts I have are the upper and lower inserts. Anyone have any suggestions apart from going back to standard? Does one of the mounts cause more vibrations than the other?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

All of the vibrations I got came through the steering wheel, and random buzzing in the cabin. Are you sure the booming isnt from an aftermarket exhaust or leak?

I believe its the lower engine mount that causes the most vibrations.

I have them all too. There is some vibration that is noticeable on the steering wheel at idle. It is also most noticeable on first start up as everything is cold. It is certainly not something that has ever been "dramatic" or even a concern. They will transmit more "noise" but as bedoef has said, that is likely to be coming from elsewhere.

All of the vibrations I got came through the steering wheel, and random buzzing in the cabin. Are you sure the booming isnt from an aftermarket exhaust or leak?

I believe its the lower engine mount that causes the most vibrations.
I notice vibrations through the steering wheel and the rear wiper blade vibrates on the window

I never had a problem until I changed the mounts. I looked on the forum and I've seen people talk about getting vibrations badly but then when they change the gearbox mount as well it fixes it

Might try a gearbox mount

My old 197 had all sorts of interior trim rattle/vibrate after fitting powerflex mounts, even after they had "settled".

The previous owner fitted new OEM mounts on the new Clio and they're not exactly great either. Unfortunately you either put up with increased NVH or more engine movement, there doesn't seem to be a compromising solution.

I do like the way the mounts feel so I guess I'll have to live with it. My passengers are the ones that complain about it mostly [emoji23]

Reactions: burrellbloke
I did the powerflex mounts one at a time. Torque mount vibrates the steering wheel when cold. Is good when warm though.
Gearbox mount makes the glove box rattle if anything is loose in there when cold.
The lower mount was the worst I fitted. It was terrible all the time besides when moving. I daily the car and it was just way too much for me to handle. I didn't do the side engine mount as everyone said it was the worst to do in terms of vibrations.

Reactions: Bro
I've fitted a full set of purple/yellow on mine and was quite surprised at the difference regarding vibration but the payoff in terms of handling and shift quality in particular helps.

I purchased a gearbox mount on the weekend and fitted it. It has pretty much fixed the vibration issues. Obviously it's going to vibrate more than standard but it's not making a horrible buzzing noise anymore

I also bought Powerflex for upper engine mount (torque arm bush), but vibration was really too much for me. I dismount Powerflex after 500km and put original rubber back into metal holder. I also add additional 5mm hard rubber plate between original rubber insert and metal casing (arm). Rubber is now more pressed together - no vibration anymore and no engine "click" when I shift.