Vibratech engine mounts. How much more vibration/noise?

Need new mounts.considering these over OE mounts. How much worse are the vibration and noise? Car is DD and I enjoy listening to music in it. Will these mounts degrade the listening experience?

I have the full set of mounts and they are much harder. When you first fit them and start the car up you will say to yourself "what the **** have i done" as the steering wheel shakes and the seat vibrate.....

Fortunately after a few hundred miles they do settle down, you do notice the difference but it wont degrade your listening experience. You'll notice that the car is more responsive on acceleration and in braking. Turn in is also improved vastly as there is less movement.

Id never go back to OEM mounts now

I just had the lower stabiliser one fitted today and I've noticed vibration threw the steering wheel plus sounds different when started bit more meaty didn't think there would be any by just replacing this lol

I just had the lower stabiliser one fitted today and I've noticed vibration threw the steering wheel plus sounds different when started bit more meaty didn't think there would be any by just replacing this lol

same as mine :thumbup1:

I have chosen to go a different route and fill the broken top torsion link with polyurethane. It has stiffened up the mount as well which makes power delivery more direct. Cangarooes more easily now. It cost me 1 hour's work and £5.95. It works like a charm, no more clunking but it does take a few days for the poly to cure enough for use. I will fill the lower link later to stiffen it and distribute the wear more. I'll put up a how-to once I have driven a few hundred K to be sure it holds up.

I have chosen to go a different route and fill the broken top torsion link with polyurethane. It has stiffened up the mount as well which makes power delivery more direct. Cangarooes more easily now. It cost me 1 hour's work and £5.95. It works like a charm, no more clunking but it does take a few days for the poly to cure enough for use. I will fill the lower link later to stiffen it and distribute the wear more. I'll put up a how-to once I have driven a few hundred K to be sure it holds up.

be interesting to find out how it goes - the lower mount isn't as easy to fill I would say!

will be waiting :smile:

Where did you get the polyurethane from and what type? I think I might have a go at doing something like this if I can find a suitable strength poly.

To repair the twisted dog bone?
I cannot find a kit to repair mine and dont want to buy a second hand one off ebay

If you can hold you 197horses down I may be able to offer an other option to the mix, been told today it shouldn't be to much longer until the powerflex ones are ready.

If you can hold you 197horses down I may be able to offer an other option to the mix, been told today it shouldn't be to much longer until the powerflex ones are ready.

Ha after I posted that I remembered your news! Thought you wherein holiday though. Any rough ideas on pricing mate?

Ha after I posted that I remembered your news! Thought you wherein holiday though. Any rough ideas on pricing mate?
Got back on Saturday mate, wanna be back there but have to come back to the real world! :'(

Picked up the car today and promptly burned a quarter of a tank over 30miles oops! :s , left it with the guys doing the work just in case it all got finished and ready to fit, but alas it's not, not yet anyway. They haven't given me a date or price, when all is done I'll try and get a club discount for it as I'm sure they'll be high in demand.

Got back on Saturday mate, wanna be back there but have to come back to the real world! :'(

Picked up the car today and promptly burned a quarter of a tank over 30miles oops! :s , left it with the guys doing the work just in case it all got finished and ready to fit, but alas it's not, not yet anyway. They haven't given me a date or price, when all is done I'll try and get a club discount for it as I'm sure they'll be high in demand.

Hope you had a good holiday!

An nice one, will my eyes peeled! :smile: