Valuation please!

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Right, I'm thinking of putting my r27 up for sale. I've not had it all that long (just over 6 months) however i've really got my heart set on a classic mini in the near future. I've owned 4 minis over the last 13 years and there is just a little something about them that draws me to them.

Anyway, about my car. It's an October 2007 Ultra Red R27. No options, just the std car (basically no xenons or climate). 63k, full history, cambelt is due and will be done at diamond motors before sale, it also needs a track rod, which will be done before sale.

Both front springs replaced in last 12 months, also the drop links and anti rotation links. New front discs and pads, new rear pads. Updateed mr pink brembo pins. Last service was by myself but all parts purchased from Karl with receipt to prove. Window seals replaced. Wheels recently refurbed, but I did kurb on the day I had them done!!! The recaros are in good order, passenger side had a repair done by r sport cars in August and the drivers is only showing minimal wear.

Few stone chips, to be expected at this mileage but nothing huge at all. The only thing this car wants for is a set of new shoes. It has 4 random budget tyres on (they were on it when I bought it, but I couldn't brings self to just bin them!)

5 months tax, 11 months MOT.

I understand it is a buyers market at the minute, and this will be priced to sell but what's everyone's thoughts about price? I'm thinking of putting it up at £6.2k?

If you want a good idea, i thought about getting rid of my 200 59 plate, 25k. A independant buying company would give me 8,200 if it was immacualte. No one asked me ANYTHING for it being priced at 9,000 private sale. It cost me 13k in March and i tried to sell it in October!

Hmm, doesn't really help,but thanks for the input. If anything I'd say you massively overpaid back in march tbh.

Hmm, doesn't really help,but thanks for the input. If anything I'd say you massively overpaid back in march tbh.

Not really, immaculate, 15k, still in warrenty, FF cup chassis i actually paid 12,600 just rounded it up.. also that was my only option as i did not have the money to outright buy and they would finance me. All im saying is try the price you feel its worth!! You'll find out sooner rather than later, the 197's arent really holding their value either. So dont expect too much!

I'd actually price it at £5,995 ovno to sell quicker than most.

Giving it a 5 start not a 6 gives the buyer a physiological bargain along with the belts etc being done would make it far more attractive.

I guess it all depends on how quick you want to sell.

I'd actually price it at £5,995 ovno to sell quicker than most.

Giving it a 5 start not a 6 gives the buyer a physiological bargain along with the belts etc being done would make it far more attractive.

I guess it all depends on how quick you want to sell.

You might be onto something there actually. Cheers for the advice.

Like I say it all depends on how quick you want to sell it.

For £300 it could mean the difference between 1 month and 1 year that you have to pay for mot, tax and running costs.

As daft as it sounds getting shut cheap and quick can actually save you cash.

Not to mention this is totally the wrong time of year in the wrong time for the market.

Yeah I understand it's the wrong time etc, It may be that I don't even bother until next spring/summer. I just can't make my mind up. There are a fair few good Mini's kicking about at the minute, that's all that is spuring me on to sell.

Chris all I'm saying is...

Boooooooo :worried:

Good luck though, hope it all goes ok if you do decide to sell mate

ultimately its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...if they are interested if you get my meaning :worried: