V6 Airbox, second thoughts...

Now that xmas is over and done with i can continue with the car funds. I have the complete V6 induction (airbox, hose, Redtop battery etc) but im having second thoughts about fitting it....

Part of me obviously says "what are you waiting for, this is one of the few proven gains that comes from induction and the noise will be great". The other part "You will never be able to take your car for a Renault service again, think of all the hassle if warranty work required. Will the noise be too much for daily use?".

I guess in a way im looking for some experience from people who have fitted this and how they found it. With the work involved with relocating the battery etc its not exactly something i can easily swapout :bored:

The noise is never unbareable. During normal day to day driving it's no different front the standard car. It when you get your foot down and over 4k

Iirc 4k was the sweet sport when the roar started :lol:

Battery relocation is a doddle and can be done extremly neat and tidy keeping the standard look. Well apart from the massive airbox in your engine bay.

I had warranty work carried out with nitrous fitted to mine, you just need to find the right dealer :wink:

If they kick up a stink about an induction kit it'd be petty of them.

I was thinking about not moding due to warranty work but it got the better of me ha!like ben said it would be sad if they dident carry any warranty work.

Normal pootling about when the engine is under minimal load, it's barely louder than standard. But, like Mark has already said, from 4,000RPM (instead of the usual ~5,000RPM), the noise is fantastic. It's very addictive. You will see a significant loss in your MPG for the first few days after you have this done!!! :smiley:

Steve at www.scautoelectrics.co.uk did my battery relocation for me and made it look very OEM and very easy. I'm scared to death of wiring so I didn't tackle it myself but I'd highly recommend him to anybody and he's only in Bolton so not too far away from you... It's worth the longer trip for the drive back.

Performance-wise, is there a difference? YES. :wink: