Urgent heater help!!

SteveH

Gold Member
Hi all,

So I've been out in the car this evening and pulled the stereo out as my other half has got me a new one for my birthday. As I've pulled the stereo out I've lost the lights on the heater display. I've still got lights on the controls (so fan speed, direction etc), but no lights on the main display bit in the middle which shows the temp the heater is set to etc. Also nothing happens when I press any buttons for aircon, heated windows etc.

I'm guessing I've taken a fuse out as the screen is blank. But I've checked the fuses to the left of the steering wheel and they all seem fine. I know there is another fusebox cleverly hidden away under the air intake (WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!). But has anyone had this problem before and can confirm it's probably a fuse before I have to take half the car apart to get to the fuse box under the bonnet.

Run out of patience and with it being -1 degrees outside now I can't feel my fingers to start pulling things apart. so its going to have to wait until tomorrow, and I'll just have to pray I can sort it then. If not it's going to be a VERY cold week!

Thanks

Steve

Did you take the lower steering wheel trim off as there’s some fuses hidden/blocked by the trim.

Hi there,

Did you take the lower steering wheel trim off as there’s some fuses hidden/blocked by the trim.

Yes that that bit of trim off and found the small blade fuse box under there. I belled out the 2 fuses which look like they had something to do with the fan (fan symbol on the sticker) and both seemed fine. Will check again this morning though now it's light.

Thanks

Steve

OK so I've now belled all the fuses out and everything seems fine. I also appear to have lost my washer jets (front and rear) now, pull the stalk and nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions. Getting pretty desperate here as need the car for work tomorrow and won't be able to use it if I can't clear the screen.

Thanks

Steve

Check the main fuses in the red battery terminal if you’ve checked all the blade fuses.

We have a winner!

Got some heat into my hands so I could actually feel what I was doing and belled out ALL the fuses after working out the wiper jet motor is on the same fuse as the climate control (WHY!!). Seems I must've either missed that one, or somehow got a reading off it. So I now have heat and washer jets. Well front washer jets, the rears still don't work :think:. Might just be frozen (like I now am), so will try them again later.

Thanks

Steve