unknown stse of tune....

Ive just bought a 2007 197 and on hard exeliration i get a knocking/vibration from under the car. 1st i thought was exhaust so i had a look and it has a s/steel manifold and centre section. It looks like the down pipes catching the cross member and someone has ground a bit out but not quite enough.
I can sort that but it got me thinking, would it of been remapped? would it need to be remapped.
Im thinking this because if you are ticking over in nutural and you push the go peddle down quickly then the engine bogs down. Is this common?
it seems ok on the move, all be it a bit flat until you hit 6.5k.
any help would be good..

ive recently been asking these questions myself as my manifold has gone and have decided on an aftermarket replacement.
if the exhaust is stainless as suggested it will be an aftermarket part which from what i have been told they can knock off the cross member. the way to resolve this is fitting some polyurethane engine mounts which will restrict the engine movement, not sure grinding into the cross member is the best of ideas personally. also mapping isnt 100% nessecary but im not talking from experience. hope this helps

Mapping isn't required for a s/steel manifold, mine works quite well! Pulled 192bhp after fitting the manifold.

Sounds similar to how mine was, I swapped the top engine mounts for the powerflex torque arm and upper mount insert and it made the world of difference. Car drove 10 times better, felt more urgent and pulled much more smoothly.

From reading the vast amount of threads on here about the engine mount inserts and added vibration etc - if you're going to do any - start with the torque arm, and lower engine mounts first - these seem to add considerably less vibration than the upper bush insert. If you're still not happy after torque arm + lower insert, then think about adding the upper insert too.

There are 2 torque links, the one on top to the left of the engine and also one under then engine (also know as the dogbone), this goes from the rear of the block onto part of the cross-member. Both of these try to resist the torque reaction of the engine when trying to accelerate. The engine and gearbox mount take the main weight of the engine and gearbox assembly

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RS13 Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 11
Helpimonfire Gaming & Consoles 3