Unknown Part

Can somebody identify the part as indicted with the red arrow on the attached picture?

Thank you in advance!

IMG_6301.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Is it not part of the upper gearbox mount, shown in Part 16?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought as well in the beginning but it is not.

It might be a part that should go on top of the dogbone but not sure.

The name is listed as ‘damper-acoustic’.

Are you looking at the correct diagram for your car? I notice the image shows a 5 door chassis. For the 197 diagram, that part does not exist on the exploded diagram:

01023638.gif

The diagram came from Renault directly. The part number for the dogbone is correct for my 200 from this diagram. Renault dealerships are however somewhat messy as RS parts are concerned of course [emoji854].

In the diagram that you posted is a part which I also cannot identify (red arrow). Any idea what this is?

IMG_6302.jpg

Thank you for the info!

Do you have an idea what this is for? It is not present on my 200; there is only the dogbone.

I don’t I’m afraid, someone more clever than me will be along soon I’m sure, I’m just looking at the parts diagrams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t count yourself out in who is clever [emoji3]. You brought it closer to the puzzle [emoji3]than Renault did with my Clio, it’s from transition year hence the different diagrams, you’ll have to give them that though [emoji6]

thanks again.

The diagrams are generic the parts you see may not be on your car normally clicking on the item number it will not give you any info if it is not for your model/version the metal bracket seems to be used with the K4M engine in different models
1651011211916.png

Reactions: Sean197
Thank you for the information! Will start this weekend changing the dogbone for a new one and also ordered the metal bracket just to be sure. Will let you know whether it needs to be mounted but don’t think so as you already said.

Thanks again!