Understeer

If you can get the traction control to kick in on a 197 in a straight line in anything higher than 2nd gear then either you have a significant amount of extra torque or terrible tyres.

My current car has 350lb-ft torque @ 3,000 RPM (more than double the 197) with decent tyres (Pilot Sport 3's) my traction control only comes in 1st & 2nd gear.

If you can get the traction control to kick in on a 197 in a straight line in anything higher than 2nd gear then either you have a significant amount of extra torque or terrible tyres.

My current car has 350lb-ft torque @ 3,000 RPM (more than double the 197) with decent tyres (Pilot Sport 3's) my traction control only comes in 1st & 2nd gear.

Yeah that's why I mentioned that the TC hold on the car tails off in 3rd gear. I have Bridgestone Potenza's.

Tyres must be shot if spinning in 3rd. I have 230nm (not sure lb-ft) torque and only spin in 1st and 2nd.

Your driving style seems more for fun/low speed corners with run-off area (in case the car loses its front end)... I guarantee you it's not quicker than a smooth line. It seems quicker coz of all the tyre screeching, and is bags of fun, but definitely not quicker. I also used to think it was quicker, but believe me, I learnt on track that it isn't... Smooth lines shaved up to 2 sec per lap vs high entry speed and "fighting" the car out. Simple reason? 2 words... Exit.speed.

I'm using goodyear eagle F1 at the front. Standard size. 215/45/17 (not 205 like your other post suggests)

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: papa
Tyres must be shot if spinning in 3rd. I have 230nm (not sure lb-ft) torque and only spin in 1st and 2nd.

Your driving style seems more for fun/low speed corners with run-off area (in case the car loses its front end)... I guarantee you it's not quicker than a smooth line. It seems quicker coz of all the tyre screeching, and is bags of fun, but definitely not quicker. I also used to think it was quicker, but believe me, I learnt on track that it isn't... Smooth lines shaved up to 2 sec per lap vs high entry speed and "fighting" the car out. Simple reason? 2 words... Exit.speed.

I'm using goodyear eagle F1 at the front. Standard size. 215/45/17 (not 205 like your other post suggests)

Hope this clears things up a bit.
Peace

you pretty much sorted it out for me there. Appreciate the lesson. Will try next time when I come home from work tomorrow morning.

Similar Thread Suggestions