Ultra Red 200 Cup FF

Viewer came today and did seem to like the car after a test drive, haven’t been able to agree on a figure as yet but who knows! :smile:

Have it a clean in prep of the guy coming to view...

76667A43-4252-4330-B31D-358531517FB9.jpeg 70EB6B12-4DC8-486D-8BDF-8CC01DC9AF7B.jpeg B0BDC46B-0EB4-4C23-9B35-F39280FF2DA3.jpeg

Viewer came today and did seem to like the car after a test drive, haven’t been able to agree on a figure as yet but who knows! :smile:

Have it a clean in prep of the guy coming to view...

View attachment 130113 View attachment 130114 View attachment 130115
Totally get where you're coming from & what you're thinking/planning but I can't deny that it p***es me off mate! Never got to see this beauty in the metal & your Megane was a beaut! D'ya think you're going to make the Xmas meal/get together? It'd be nice to catch up.

Reactions: -Eddie-
Totally get where you're coming from & what you're thinking/planning but I can't deny that it p***es me off mate! Never got to see this beauty in the metal & your Megane was a beaut! D'ya think you're going to make the Xmas meal/get together? It'd be nice to catch up.

There is a possibility still of making the get together! I just need to confirm the date my work night out is when the boss is back this Wednesday! It would be great to catch up for sure - is Chris going also?

On a side note I could very well be back in a Megane anyhow Jon! I’ve been looking at quite a few different options for a replacement...anything and everything budget wise too from a Mk1 Cupra R 225 right up to a BMW 140i! I am really undecided on what to change too - a Titanium Grey / Flame Red 265 with Recaro’s, RS Monitor and a couple of other options would be right at the top of the list though!

Chris won't be at the get together sadly. He's on here but it's not really his thing! Says he doesn't have the time but I don't buy that! TBH I'm wondering how long I am going to have the Clio myself. Next year might be my Clio swansong. Struggling to justify running 3 cars. Glenda's A1, my daily E class cabriolet & the Clio. Not rushing into any decisions & definitely planning a few track days in 2019. Need to do Spa again, have a hankering to do Goodwood as I have friends who work there & it's a classic circuit. Never done Brands Hatch GP & that's where I first watched motor sport. Also fell in love with Donington GP circuit last year. Thinking I am going to have to find a "one car fits all" for 2020, but so don't want to lose the 4 seat convertible I have in the Merc, but can't think of a 4 seater convertible I'm happy to track. C class AMG only thing that comes close. Want the open topped continental touring ability of my E class combined with track fun & 4 seats. Just not sure about tracking a 4 seat cabrio. Maybe an S3/RS3 with a panoramic sunroof would be a compromise, I don't know. 4wd security would be a winter bonus too.

Reactions: Beany
The Clio stays!

Viewer fancies a Type R more so the little French lady will be staying with me for another while :smile:. Now need some tyres which will stand up to winter better than the AD08r did last year!

Reactions: Jimmy
Good to hear you're holding onto the Clio a bit longer, Eddie. By sounds of it she might only have bought herself a little bit more time with you, if you're hankering for something else :wink:

interesting your thoughts on the Cupra R - my friend had one back in the day. He had a Revo chip for it and that thing would fly! Handsome cars as well!

Good to hear you're holding onto the Clio a bit longer, Eddie. By sounds of it she might only have bought herself a little bit more time with you, if you're hankering for something else :wink:

interesting your thoughts on the Cupra R - my friend had one back in the day. He had a Revo chip for it and that thing would fly! Handsome cars as well!

Certainly for the time being! Once I had it all cleaned up on Saturday for the viewer I was close to cancelling him lol. More than happy to keep hold of the car and as I had said before I hadn’t even advertised the car anyway so nothing lost :smile:.

The Cupra R which is for sale is lovely. 5 door and grey. Completely standard car too which I liked the thought of.

I’m sure some of you have seen my for sale posts etc recently, I am in the process of returning the Clio to standard and the car will be going in January. After my post last week I was able to agree a deal in principle for the car to be purchased off me in January.

I have also placed a deposit on the replacement which I will be picking up towards the end of January next year.

No doubt the Clio is a great car but the run of luck I had with careless people really annoyed me. Mechanically the car is superb though, I’ve owned the car for 18 months and it’s been faultless.

If you’re interested in any parts drop me a message! Both sets of OZ are provisonally sold along with the Induction Kit which leaves the Akrapovic and plate for sale!

So this post draws my progress thread to a close.

I have enjoyed ownership of the 200 but I’m not sure I fully gelled with the car - to be fair after the 265 It did have big boots to fill.

However, I did enjoy modifying the car and in my opinion it looked great on the OZ wheels and having the Akrapovic etc fitted.

The car will be going to a trader within the next couple of weeks which is sooner than expected - I had anticipated holding onto the car until early February but that won’t be the case.

All modifications are sold, the only thing to remain is the plate (CL10FKU) which I am in the process of removing.

Here is the car currently;

E2917994-2CDA-47DB-9916-009758CE5E50.jpeg

I will be sure to post up my new car and keep the thread updated with any progress!

Over and out :smile:

Someone’s going to get a great Clio!

Onwards and upwards though Eddie.

Look forward to what’s next

Big shame to see the Clio going and also to hear that you never really clicked with it. Very tasteful mods done to it in your ownership, Eddie, and the new owner will get a good example.

Good luck with the new motor (whatever you decide on!).

Big shame to see the Clio going and also to hear that you never really clicked with it. Very tasteful mods done to it in your ownership, Eddie, and the new owner will get a good example.

Good luck with the new motor (whatever you decide on!).

Deposit is down on the new car already :smile:. Should be picking up on 18th January all being well!

Reactions: Big Ben
So I took a deposit on the Clio today after agreeing a figure on the car with the trader earlier on in the week!

In some ways I’ll be glad to see the Clio go, no doubting they are a brilliant little car and since I have moved house and I’m doing more B road driving I have been able to appreciate the car more! In truth though the extra B road driving is only making me more excited for the new car!