Ultra Red 200 Cup FF

Yeah I'm pleased it worked! Even though you hear of these things being done you still worry it won't work on your own car lol. Yeah I can only assume it's designed purely for out and out track driving. I was cruising along earlier in 4th gear, around 35-40mph and the car was telling me to select 2nd lol. You'd need to be a right hooligan to use it as a guide for road driving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, definitely for track use only. I have this & have used it on track. It's highly entertaining to use and turns you into a rev addict!

Reactions: -Eddie- and Pav
have the RS monitor in my clio (was standard on the red bull versions). i only use it to check oil temperature. once it shows 85°C, it's show time. :smile:

Out of interest what temp is the highest you've seen for the oil?

Progress has been slow recently, I've been quite busy with work but even busier at home with a 5 month old keeping me entertained :smile:.

Some might have noticed my thread about the part number for the RS Monitor. I got it ordered up this week along with the Bluetooth head unit. I had them fitted today and called on an old colleague from Renault to code the radio and RS Monitor. Relatively easy mod (if you have access to CLIP) and doesn't cost a fortune either. I like the factory look and it's great that it integrates into the display for the radio;

View attachment 113190

View attachment 113191

View attachment 113192

View attachment 113193

View attachment 113194

There is also a lap timer which I haven't photographed.

Happy with how it looks and need a trackday to test it out properly :smile:

Cracking upgrade Eddie - great idea! Feel free to post a guide up with part numbers etc!

Just goes to prove my annoyance with Renault, why wasn't this as standard!!!

Reactions: Sean197 and -Eddie-
Cracking upgrade Eddie - great idea! Feel free to post a guide up with part numbers etc!

Just goes to prove my annoyance with Renault, why wasn't this as standard!!!

Good thinking bud I will pop up a guide. Very good point too about why it wasn't standard. Cost wise, certainly for a retro fit, it's worthwhile.

Reactions: Chris
Good thinking bud I will pop up a guide. Very good point too about why it wasn't standard. Cost wise, certainly for a retro fit, it's worthwhile.

Same with the 200ts - its a £250 option that if you forget to tick, you then can't add it at a later date and you're stuffed, its only a few bloody sensors and slightly different software!

Same with the 200ts - its a £250 option that if you forget to tick, you then can't add it at a later date and you're stuffed, its only a few bloody sensors and slightly different software!

Just daft especially on these cars. Literally all this needed for me was a Bluetooth radio and the Monitor. I can only assume G Force etc is read from the ABS?

So today was a good day, finally took delivery of the Sprint Spoiler.

I'm not one to usually voice a negative opinion about a business online but I don't think I'll order from Ktec again. This is the second time over ordered from them and the second time an item which was supposedly in stock turned out needing to be ordered from their supplier (first item was the exhaust I had on my 197). They are very quick at replying to queries when buying from them and very quick to debit the money from your account but once they inform you that the item is out of stock you're met with a wall of silence - not great especially as I paid a bit more as the spoiler was supposedly in stock with them but not Spray Shack.

Ah well, enough of the moaning lol. Looking forward to having it fitted!

5ae5da630da047108a17d2a2cce1888b.jpg

cc8f53180bfabfc4dcddc78525cb4e51.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben and Sean197
hope its painted and fitted swiftly..no comment on the ktec issue :poke:

The body shop at work is fitting it while the tailgate is benign replaced under the corrosion warranty. Hoping for this week!

You had problems before Pav? You don't need to elaborate lol.

I'm not one to usually voice a negative opinion about a business online but I don't think I'll order from Ktec again. This is the second time over ordered from them and the second time an item which was supposedly in stock turned out needing to be ordered from their supplier (first item was the exhaust I had on my 197). They are very quick at replying to queries when buying from them and very quick to debit the money from your account but once they inform you that the item is out of stock you're met with a wall of silence - not great especially as I paid a bit more as the spoiler was supposedly in stock with them but not Spray Shack.

5ae5da630da047108a17d2a2cce1888b.jpg

cc8f53180bfabfc4dcddc78525cb4e51.jpg

Will be worth it in the long run Eddie

Reactions: Roshi69 and -Eddie-
The body shop at work is fitting it while the tailgate is benign replaced under the corrosion warranty. Hoping for this week!

You had problems before Pav? You don't need to elaborate lol.

lets say that when i purchased my r26r clutch kit,the slave was a wrong size but due to no time i left it and got a replacement from somewhere else...

Reactions: -Eddie-

View attachment 113323

View attachment 113324

I had exactly the same problem with them when I ordered my bilsteins and other bits, and I kicked off because they didn't tell me and then said they'd be another few days. After saying that's not good enough and I want my money back they miraculously got them on a TNT truck and I had them 8am the next day.

I've got some sort of discount next time I order, but I don't think it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Pav and -Eddie-
I had exactly the same problem with them when I ordered my bilsteins and other bits, and I kicked off because they didn't tell me and then said they'd be another few days. After saying that's not good enough and I want my money back they miraculously got them on a TNT truck and I had them 8am the next day.

I've got some sort of discount next time I order, but I don't think it will.

Yeah they just don't care once they have your money. They must actually carry very little in stock as I've now heard of a couple of people ordering parts, supposedly in stock, but instead having to wait until they came from the supplier. Not a great way to run a business!

Yeah they just don't care once they have your money. They must actually carry very little in stock as I've now heard of a couple of people ordering parts, supposedly in stock, but instead having to wait until they came from the supplier. Not a great way to run a business!

Not a great way, but a very clever way, if they didn't have the workshop they wouldn't need a big unit. I don't see how you'd get your stuff any quicker by paying more for quicker postage though??