Tyres 215/45W17

What tyres are you using?

Anyone have any recommendations: Pirelli P zero, Goodyear Eagle F1 A, Bridgestone RE050, Continental Sport Contact 3...

Continentals for me too but go for the sport contact 5, normally about the same price as the 3 and better reviews.

I'd also recommend putting the extra load ones on the front

Continentals for me too but go for the sport contact 5, normally about the same price as the 3 and better reviews.

I'd also recommend putting the extra load ones on the front

Cheers Ben and Danger: 2 - nill so far :smile:

Ben would you not go XL all round?

I had XL on the front and normal on the back but when I got new tyres I had the new XL put on the back and moved the normal ones to the front.

I noticed much less squirm under braking with the XL on the front and also sharper turn in, just generally a much nicer setup with XL on the front and I can't wait to get through these normal load so I can have XL all round

Hankook V12's.

Better than my previous tyres (parada spec2, Toyo proxes, CS3's)
they are very cheap compared to the CS3's aswell!

Just been looking to get some Conti Sport 5s and i cant see the option for XL or when they are 91W is that the ones your talking about? On blackcircles they only list one and thats 215/45/17 91W not as cheap as tyretrader tho

Yeah i understand that but what are these XL tyres a couple of people have mentioned in this thread??? Extra Load ??? Or are they talking about going for the 91w instead of the 87w??? Cheers

Just got my mate at his garage to ring around to see how much he could get me 2 Conti 5 91w XLs for and he came back with £176.75. Thats trade money what he has paid for them! Right Touch!!

Will fit them in Germany after my laps at the Nurburgring and GP circuit Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!!