Tyre shine recommendations please

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Sean197, Jul 29, 2017.

1. DS197

DS197 POTM Winner - June 2017 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    I didn't get a chance to use it on the Recaros or diffuser, but I am very impressed with the results I got using it on the tyres. I took each tyre off as I needed to clean the hubs and inside of the wheel so it made the application easier. It's been over a month since I applied it and the tyres are still looking black and water beading off nicely. I used it straight out of the bottle and applied one coat, the result was a nice matt finish which is exactly what I was after. It hardly looked like I used any of the product! A little certainly goes a long way.

The real test will come in the winter when the rain makes a more regular appearance. I will say however the coating did take awhile to become touch dry, but when you're applying the coating with the wheels on the car, that really doesn't matter much.

I would love to know what you used to apply the product on the Recaros, and especially the tyres. I used the soft side of a washing up sponge and by the end it had broken apart :sweatsmile: Perhaps I used too much pressure to ensure the coating was applied to the tyre wall as there's a lot of writing on the sidewalls or maybe the sponge was crap!

sevenfourate likes this.

2. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Car:
    Citroen C2 GT
    Exactly the same as you !

Yellow washing up sponge with the white scouring side....

I just pull off the scouring side and apply with the sponge.

I get some product on the sponge; dab it on around the tyre at 4 or 5 points.....then spread it around. Can't say i've come close to ripping the sponge apart though !!

***Glad you loved it too. Great product i shall continue using for the foreseeable future :smile:

DS197 likes this.
  3. Grahamvalets

Grahamvalets

Car:
    Clio
    Autoglym for me also, you can apply it by a paintbrush or spray it on for a wet look if you like the wet look or you can go over it with a sponge to take the excess off which takes the sheen off & gives it a totally different look.

4. Grahamvalets

Grahamvalets

Car:
    Clio
    Autoglym for me also, you can apply it by a paintbrush or spray it on for a wet look if you like the wet look or you can go over it with a sponge to take the excess off which takes the sheen off & gives it a totally different look.