Tyre choice

Has any body had any of these tyres-
Toyo Proxes.
Toyo T1Rs.
Falken ZE912

If they have what do you think of them please

had t1r - but in 18 and 35 profile - when first fitted they were awful - once some miles on them they started to grip quite well - wear was quite high given the time they were on:huh:

had t1r - but in 18 and 35 profile - when first fitted they were awful - once some miles on them they started to grip quite well - wear was quite high given the time they were on:huh:

Yeh agreed, i have them on the front of mine as was like it when i purchased the car. I will use them until they need replacing but will more than likely get some more conti 3's or Pilot sports when the time comes.

IMO they are better than sport 3s and cost about £30 per tyre less too. Conti's give up quicker than these, especially in the wet. A german magazine did a test and I think they came second to the Michelin Xelto which you need a small bank loan for! Lol!

No one had the proxes on then

I had T1Ss (the forerunner to the T1R). A very good tyre, especially in the wet. Very high wear rate though, and quite noisy IIRC.

Personally, I'd stick with the Conti. Its an excellent tyre, and Evo mag rated it tyre of the year 2009. It was beaten this year by the Conti CS5!

I've just had V12 Evo's fitted, I haven't been on track yet but on current road conditions (cold icy and wet) they seem to be at least a match for conti's and at just over £70 Each fitted they're good value.

Has any body had any of these tyres-
Toyo Proxes.
Toyo T1Rs.
Falken ZE912

If they have what do you think of them please

They're budget tyres and will perform as such.

I currently have T1Rs on my track car to enable me to drive to and from the track legally, that's all, then they are taken straight off. Sidewalls are made of chocolate and they don't like the rain etc.

Tyres are the only thing keeping you in contact with the road. I won't scrimp on them when it comes to my road car.

iam running Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres there griping well in this weather ......lets wait and see in the summer and get em on the track when there hot and sticky lol

Not sure about winter tyres sorry...I know uniroyal do a rainsport...sounds sort of like a bad weather tyre?...but on the proxes subject I used to use these and the swapped to GSD3 Eagle F1's best dry tire I've ever used but appauling in this weather I'm afraid...although on the Clio I've just stuck to the sport contact 3's.

Tyres are very much like brake pads or car waxes.

You cannot take anyones personal experiences on a car forum as they are so diverse, until you try it for yourself then you will only know how they suit you and your expectations.

And for the books, i use EBC RedStuff pads and Toyo T1rs and couldnt rate both high enough!

In relation to this thread ive been looking for the hankook v12 evos and no where seems to stock them, are they an old tyre going out.

Also whats people opinions on bridgestones RE050 - a mate had them on his type r and thought they were awesome and he has just put them on his impreza and says they grip very well in ost conditions.

Go on Blackcircles they usually have them and if they don't give them a ring and they will order you some in, can't beat their price either...

I wanted them but couldn't wait as MOT was due and tyres were only thing it was going to fail on so I went for some Pirelli P7000. More expensive but unbelievable rubber in dry and wet!

Similar Thread Suggestions