Turbo or supercharger

I had A048s on to. Those alone I reckon are worth 1.5 seconds?

I was the only 1 running semis so tbh should have put up a good fight.

Also, less of the "one hell of a driver". The 200 can make the most hamfisted of drivers look like a hero.

I had A048s on to. Those alone I reckon are worth 1.5 seconds?

I was the only 1 running semis so tbh should have put up a good fight.

Also, less of the "one hell of a driver". The 200 can make the most hamfisted of drivers look like a hero.

To modest mate, your consistent times show that you know what you're doing.

the only 2 things i would have changed on the day was having A048s and also tweaking my suspension

The weather really made the 48s come alive and based on how sticky they were when Martin came into the pits you could see that the grip was phenomenal

I needed to soften off the front a bit as i was washing out on a few of the corners. Even the AD08s were struggling

Its all about carrying the corner speed and having the grip to completely pin the throttle on exit

Personally, i think money would be better spent elsewhere on the car rather than the engine...but everyones different and has different goals. if laptimes are the goal the engine is the last place to look!

I managed a 1:31.7 on standard rubber with slightly uprated brakes (no big brake kit) but will be running AD08's next time out (maybe in July) so I'll be very interested to see how much time they're worth. It'll be a direct comaprison as the rest of the car will be identical. Personally i'll be aiming for a sub 1:30.5 but we''l see

Its all about carrying the corner speed and having the grip to completely pin the throttle on exit

Which is exactly where I struggled. My tyres wouldn't grip and I just had so much understeer. Especially on the hair pin. Proper tyres are worth their weight in gold.

I know in acceleration terms, mine and FMP's can pull a good few car lengths up to 100 on a standard 200,

would be good if you could get a few cars a v-box and a section of runway and do 0-100-0 and a max lateral g measure to see if the meg setup slows the car slightly through corners, mine was a bit slower on the brakes before but since moving to the low weight manifold, down pipe and exhaust housing and lightweight battery seems more stable on the brakes but this would only be a few kg's maybe 10-12??

I know in acceleration terms, mine and FMP's can pull a good few car lengths up to 100 on a standard 200,

would be good if you could get a few cars a v-box and a section of runway and do 0-100-0 and a max lateral g measure to see if the meg setup slows the car slightly through corners, mine was a bit slower on the brakes before but since moving to the low weight manifold, down pipe and exhaust housing and lightweight battery seems more stable on the brakes but this would only be a few kg's maybe 10-12??

Maybe someone should message the likes of EVO or PFC and see if they want to run the comparison for a feature? We have the variety of cars and the curiosity on the site to make it possible, we just need someone with the means and the know-how to provide the tools and location....

Maybe someone should message the likes of EVO or PFC and see if they want to run the comparison for a feature? We have the variety of cars and the curiosity on the site to make it possible, we just need someone with the means and the know-how to provide the tools and location....

+1 :thumbup:

Or just use the same test pilot on a How fast in a couple of different cars.....

would be an intersting comparison a turbo 197 vs supercharger 197 :clap:

on track and straight line etc

elvington anyone :wiz:

I have to say - taking into consideration Noddie's excellent driving abilities - that Fernandez time is quite impressive.

Engine mods aside, huge brakes, KW clubsport and most importantly extremely sticky A048 can make more than 2 secs difference...

EDIT. sorry off topic...