Turbo or supercharger

To anyone that has done or knows about the upgrades to the car with the boost i was wondering what give a better result just out of interest and if anyone has done the upgrade what were the prices ?
Thanks

Think yer looking at £5k either route to do them properly and have them reliable.

I deliberated for ages over this question but I've have to say the Megane turbo conversion is the most proven and reliable option but as above your looking at 4K + to do it properly

based on Saturdays events....neither! lol

tbh Mikeys supercharged one sounded awesome

I'd rather spend a few £££ on brakes, Suspension and tyres and save a few ££££

Just drive the car harder

Off topic but hey.

I do genuinely think a Meg'd Clio will be quicker around the Bedford West layout will be interesting to see if it happens.

Everything else being the same on your car Fernandez, will it improve your lap time by 2 seconds?

Off topic but hey.

I do genuinely think a Meg'd Clio will be quicker around the Bedford West layout will be interesting to see if it happens.

Everything else being the same on your car Fernandez, will it improve your lap time by 2 seconds?

Very good point and tbh I think I'd still be let down by the brakes and suspension, prob even more so. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Thanks for the info i was just curious to see what you guys would say about it. all i heard is that they sound amazing my brother was at k-tec when the supercharged was there. im just planning on keeping mine relatively standard maybe zorst.

U a driving god? Or did I miss something?

Not at all mate but I did a 1:30.8 on Cheap Apex Springs and Standard brakes which was over a second faster than a LY Clio that had a R26 engine and 225 gearbox with quaiffe diff!!* 249bhp and 303ft/lbs standard!!!!! :-p:-p:-p

I'm no driver but I can recognise someone who is. It can't be under-estimated the ability of the top two drivers on the day. Their cars only enhanced their talents....however, on the open road, their asses are mine!!!!!! lol

Not at all mate but I did a 1:30.8 on Cheap Apex Springs and Standard brakes which was over a second faster than a LY Clio that had a R26 engine and 225 gearbox with quaiffe diff!!* 249bhp and 303ft/lbs standard!!!!! :-p:-p:-p

Yeah fair point, two different engines and two toally different ways that they drive, just cos u managed a 1.30.8 which btw noddie made 1.28 something with no engine mods, u aint getting close :tongueout:

Yeah fair point, two different engines and two toally different ways that they drive, just cos u managed a 1.30.8 which btw noddie made 1.28 something with no engine mods, u aint getting close :tongueout:

I'm not discounting that Noddie is one hell of a driver at all Jonsey, those times were very impressive but Bedford is all about cornering speed and braking and tbf I really didn't have engine mods like you and Henderson so for the purpose of illustration lets compare specs.

Mine (at time of how fast):
Milltek exhaust
64mm TB
ITG Panel Filter
Apex Lowering Springs
Std Brakes

N0ddies:
Akropovic Exhaust
Remap
Coilovers
330mm brake kit

You say that Noddies is standard but its interesting that the 2 people who got 1:30 and below both had coilovers and big brake disks which in right hands as proven by these 2 sterling drivers can make a massive difference. I'm pretty confident that with coilovers and bigger brakes Its not unreasonable or out of my grasp to find 2 seconds a lap even without a Megane engine.

Last edited:
I reckon if I had been running coilovers on TBB i'd have been sub 1:30 as well, I just spent toooo much time on 3 wheels through the corners to be able to hold enough speed

I'm not discounting that Noddie is one hell of a driver at all Jonsey, those times were very impressive but Bedford is all about cornering speed and braking and tbf I really didn't have engine mods like you and Henderson so for the purpose of illustration lets compare specs.

Mine (at time of how fast):
Milltek exhaust
64mm TB
ITG Panel Filter
Apex Lowering Springs
Std Brakes

N0ddies:
Akropovic Exhaust
Remap
Coilovers
330mm brake kit

You say that Noddies is standard but its interesting that the 2 people who got 1:30 and below both had coilovers and big brake disks which in right hands as proven by these 2 sterling drivers can make a massive difference. I'm pretty confident that with coilovers and bigger brakes Its not unreasonable or out of my grasp to find 2 seconds a lap even without a Megane engine.

Not to mention Noddies sticky tyres.....