tuning parts

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Ive been hunting for tuning bits and pieces for my 197 and its like finding a needle in a haystack, ive got a decent exhaust system an itg panel filter its been remapped silicone hoses, a decent cold feed to the standard box, i just want a bit more, i know i could go and get a turbo car and be done with it but thats no challenge and i reallylike my clio,
Just wondering if anyone knows of any companys that have tuning parts in development or know of anything i can do to the 197 to get some extra grunt,
is it just because the 197 is relitive new or is that its such a good out of the box product that people cant really improve it?
my mate drives an ST170 and the tuning products that you can get for that are endless hes got vernier pulleys, under drive kits the lot on his and it does fly and is starting to pull away from my 197 :thumbdown:

I think you will struggle, think the problems are with the standard ecu not being able to run much after market stuff. Matt from tdf was explaining this all to me, thats why there is a lack of upgrades. You will need to spend thousands mate! Im just gonna go inlets and remap on mine.

Think you better get stripping if you wanna go quicker on the cheap!

Part of the reason there is so much available for the ST170 is because it was sold in the US market (Focus SVT), where there is so much more demand.

ive seen jms's work on the 1*2 and it is impressive would be good if they do something like that

I'd concentrate on improving the handling than the power. The engines nearly 10 years old and gone from 172bhp to 200bhp, must be nearing its limit in road form.

Stickier tyres and a new diff will see that Focus away in the twisties lol.

I'd concentrate on improving the handling than the power. The engines nearly 10 years old and gone from 172bhp to 200bhp, must be nearing its limit in road form.

Stickier tyres and a new diff will see that Focus away in the twisties lol.

lol yea the focus is pretty good down the twistys aswell as its got collies on it lol im going to have to invest in some v1/v3's and a set of either yoko prada spec 2's of toyo r888's im gettin the brakes sorted which will be this week so that the first stage then after ive done this i might go for some nitros power lol

I find the nitrous to be a little tempramental on the 197 im afraid. Although when it does work ( 90% ) then it gives an amazing boost of performance!

As for brakes if you really are all about pure performance then go for Carbone Lorraine pads. Although the squealing and dust can get tiresome in normal use.

Secretly JMS are doing some development on the 197 engine, you didnt hear it from me!!!

Mabey they will do a manifold like they did with the 1*2?

ive seen jms's work on the 1*2 and it is impressive would be good if they do something like that

Its the next planned step, We have a 197 that should be with us in the coming weeks to have a look if its possible with out destroying the current engine lay out.

The JMS RS2 Manifold has worked out ideally for alot of Cs owners as your no longer tuning & de-valuing. Put it in simple terms, If you want to sell the car it can all be removed & returned to standard, The benefits go on on, cruise control, traction control & speed limiter are all still present as using the standard TB means every thing works like an oem car also not to forget there's no lumpy idle issue's normally present from ITB install's so car can still be driven daily etc.

We'll keep you guys up-dated if it goes ahead :smile:

James

parts can be obtained if you look hard enough mate. anything is possible. i had forged rods and pistons the other day that most people didnt think existed lol

Im just readying her for the turbo or supercharger tbh whe i aim to have close to 300hp

Im just readying her for the turbo or supercharger tbh whe i aim to have close to 300hp

cool mate, will the pistons have to be changed again when you fit a turbo or the new pistons up for the job? i bet they werent cheap?

the pistons can take a supercharger with the same compression ratio a turbo would have to be low pressure boost unless i changed the pistons so ill see what I can get when the monies are saved lol. if ure looking for forged internals wossner are the best ive been told the pistons are £599 and the con rods £299 plus fitting which was £300 but I had my cams done at same time which saved some labour. cam belt and new lightweight pulleys set me back a further £300 including fitting and the cylinder head was polished, ported and skimmed all at the same time this was £750 all in.

car was off the road for 4 days but i got to borrow a fiat 500 lol

thats y i never have any money lol

the pistons can take a supercharger with the same compression ratio a turbo would have to be low pressure boost unless i changed the pistons so ill see what I can get when the monies are saved lol. if ure looking for forged internals wossner are the best ive been told the pistons are £599 and the con rods £299 plus fitting which was £300 but I had my cams done at same time which saved some labour. cam belt and new lightweight pulleys set me back a further £300 including fitting and the cylinder head was polished, ported and skimmed all at the same time this was £750 all in.

car was off the road for 4 days but i got to borrow a fiat 500 lol

thats y i never have any money lol

£599 was that for a set? and i take it £750 was the labour for all the work? where did you get all the work done? and did you get the light weight pulleys from the same place?
sorry for all the questions :001_unsure:, But this is the kind of thing i was looking to get done to mine towards the end of the year, so im on the look out for companies and parts,

errrmmmmm ill brake it down cus its hard to see the total costs above

forged pistons Wossner £599
Forged cons Wossner £299
labour on fitting these was £300
catcams 403's £700 including fitting
lightweight pulley's are TSR's own plus cambelt and tensioning kit came to £300
modified cylinder head (polished, ported and skimmed) £750 all in
and a custom remap and an engine sync £350
cost me £2400 in total and not had any problems yet touch wood. running like a dream but drinking fuel lol averaging 22mpg even tootling round town lol

errrmmmmm ill brake it down cus its hard to see the total costs above

forged pistons Wossner £599
Forged cons Wossner £299
labour on fitting these was £300
catcams 403's £700 including fitting
lightweight pulley's are TSR's own plus cambelt and tensioning kit came to £300
modified cylinder head (polished, ported and skimmed) £750 all in
and a custom remap and an engine sync £350
cost me £2400 in total and not had any problems yet touch wood. running like a dream but drinking fuel lol averaging 22mpg even tootling round town lol

Cheers for the info mate i bet it goes well now mate? does it sound like a beast?

it sounds different lol yeah, no rev light and will rev to 8 k freely car feels alot more feisty but not realy had chance to race any1 yet to see how much difference it makes. i got blown away by a fiesta ST but i have my suspicions he was running a turbo as there is no way he could have left me otherwise.

future mods include bigger valves new valve seats and a powerflow exhaust which i will have to remap again lol its a bottomless pit of money but its fun lol